Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Censorship And Deleting Of Threads

Poster
    Again: The topic is NOT deleted. It was moved into our trash can by one of our moderators. I had a look at the topic and I guess I would do the same as it looks very disrespectful.

The post doesnt mention at all that it is a joke and could lead to flaming / attacks. Therefor the area spam is acceptable.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    muchspl2
    More Viewers (P18-49) Watched The Premiere Of "Chappelle's Show"
    Than Any Other Series Premiere In COMEDY CENTRAL History
    2.1 HH Marks The Highest Rated Series Premiere For A Comedy Central Original Series
    Since 2001's "That's My Bush!"

NEW YORK, January 23, 2003 -- COMEDY CENTRAL's January 22 series premiere of "Chappelle's Show" registered a 2.1 HH rating (2.5 million viewers), making it the highest rated series premiere for the all-comedy network since 2001's "That's My Bush!"
    More impressively, "Chappelle's Show" was watched by more viewers P18-49 than any series premiere in COMEDY CENTRAL's history (2.1 P18-49 Rating = 2.1 million viewers, 83% of the total audience) and is the only series for the network that has ever built on the "South Park" lead-in in this key demographic (+33%).

Additionally, "Chappelle's Show" outperformed the prior six-week time period average in P18-49 by +154%. The leading demographic for the premiere was M18-24, which recorded a staggering 6.2 rating (640,000 viewers).

"Chappelle's Show" airs Wednesdays at 10:30 p.m.** and repeats later that night at 12:30 a.m., Fridays at 12:30 a.m., Saturdays at 1:30 a.m. and Sundays at 10:30 p.m.

The critically acclaimed series takes Chappelle's own personal joke book and brings it to life, with episodes consisting of sketches, man-on-the-street pieces and pop culture parodies introduced by Dave in a stand-up format in front of a studio audience. Chappelle's unique point-of-view on the world provides a hilarious, defiant and sometimes dangerous look at American culture, including music, movies, television, advertising, current events and everyday life situations.

The series, co-created and co-written by Neal Brennan (who previously collaborated with Chappelle on the classic comedy, "Half Baked"), also features top musical guests, including Busta Rhymes, Fat Joe, The Roots, GZA, Killer Mike and Slum Village, performing at innovative locations such as rooftops, parks and piers. "Chappelle's Show" was created by Dave Chappelle and Neal Brennan who, along with Michelle Armour, serve as the executive producers. Jessi Klein and Lou Wallach are the executives in charge of production for COMEDY CENTRAL.

COMEDY CENTRAL, the only all-comedy network, currently is seen in more than 82 million homes nationwide. COMEDY CENTRAL is owned by Comedy Partners, a 50-50 joint venture of Time Warner Entertainment Company and Viacom. COMEDY CENTRAL is a registered trademark of Comedy Partners. COMEDY CENTRAL's Internet address is http://www.comedycentral.com.

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/chappellesshow/

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+25 January 2004 - 21:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 25 January 2004 - 21:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DivineBeingX@25 January 2004 - 22:29
    saying the N word on the board is really offensive for example a black person may read your topic and read through it and say it was offensive because it invovles the n word no matter if its in a funny sitution or negative sitution. I Think all Americans are stupid topic was not reported to the Mods i dont think so but that topic was not a races topic but a national topic as a matter of fact and didnt degrade the Americans
    Hate is hate, whether you label it racism or nationalism.

The comments made were superficially racist to make a deeper point.

The true meaning of the joke was that "people are people, color is irrelevant".

A blind black man is the most vicious white supremacist. Doesn&#39;t anyone get that?

The real problem and why I supported locking the thread is that this bigger context was not known to the average reader.

Perhaps if Much were given a chance to explain this misunderstanding before it was deleted, we would not be here now. [/b][/quote]
    the real problem is racism,you dont understanding the sitution here, you dont understand that most people dont watch or never heard of the chappel show. If a member of this board quotes or states a races comment and complain that his thread is lock for no apparent reason then he should think about were he stands in this world. Just think about if everybody quotes somebody who says the N word this whole board would be in flame wars. You just cant say the N word and aspect to get away with it.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    That mother****er thinks he can hurt South Park like that&#33;

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@25 January 2004 - 20:47
    Yes, you did and it was bloody brilliant post. We are here to erase the limitations of geographic separation and come together as a global community, not to erect barriers along nationalistic lines.

The greatest perpetuator of prejudice is ignorance. Here we have a chance to know people from all over the world and discuss topics as people, one-on-one.
    Hence your comments against Scotland make you a hypocrite?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Sheila: Time&#39;s have changed
    Our kids are kids are getting worse
    They wont obey their parents
    They just want to fart and curse&#33;
    Sharon: Should we blame the government?
    Liane: Or blame society?
    Dads: Or should we blame the images on TV?
    Sheila: No, blame Canada
    Everyone: Blame Canada
    Sheila: With all their beady little eyes
    And flappin heads so full of lies
    Blame Canada
    Sheila: We need to form a full assault
    Everyone: It&#39;s Canadas fault&#33;
    Sharon: Don&#39;t blame me
    For my son Stan
    He saw the darn cartoon
    And now he&#39;s off to join the Klan&#33;
    Liane: And my boy Eric once
    Had my picture on his shelf
    But now when I see him he tells me to fuck myself&#33;
    Sheila: Well, blame Canada
    It seems that everythings gone wrong
    Since Canada came along
    Blame Canada
    Copy Guy: There not even a real country anyway
    Ms. McCormick: My son could&#39;ve been a doctor or a lawyer rich and true
    Instead he burned up like a piggy on a barbecue
    Everyone: Should we blame the matches?
    Should we blame the fire?
    Or the doctors who allowed him to expire?
    Sheila: Heck no&#33;
    Blame Canada
    Sheila: With all their hockey hubbabaloo
    Liane: And that bitch Anne Murray too
    Shame on Canada
    The smut we must stop
    The trash we must smash
    Laughter and fun
    must all be undone
    We must blame them and cause a fuss
    Before someone thinks of blaming uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Originally posted by 4th gen+25 January 2004 - 22:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen &#064; 25 January 2004 - 22:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@25 January 2004 - 20:47
    Yes, you did and it was bloody brilliant post. We are here to erase the limitations of geographic separation and come together as a global community, not to erect barriers along nationalistic lines.

The greatest perpetuator of prejudice is ignorance. Here we have a chance to know people from all over the world and discuss topics as people, one-on-one.
    Hence your comments against Scotland make you a hypocrite? [/b][/quote]
    Since I have never made any, I would say, no.

Yes, I know what quote you will attempt to find and when we analyze it, you will find that my comments bore on my attempt to characterize you and not Scottish people in general.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@25 January 2004 - 15:09
    I agree that the lack of context might have caused people to react to it.
    I agree, taken out of context it could be offensive

Probably should of been locked if it was offending people i guess...

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    The thread is in the Lounge, without the racist remark.

An agreement with muchspl2 has been made, this will stop now.

EDIT: Please don&#39;t give the mods a hard time, we are just trying to do our jobs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345