Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Censorship And Deleting Of Threads

Poster
    saying the N word on the board is really offensive for example a black person may read your topic and read through it and say it was offensive because it invovles the n word no matter if its in a funny sitution or negative sitution. I Think all Americans are stupid topic was not reported to the Mods i dont think so but that topic was not a races topic but a national topic as a matter of fact and didnt degrade the Americans

2. Lounge   -   #32
    muchspl2
    Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You do not have permission to view this topic

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Forum Star
    so now everyone's making their own parodies

just to clear things up here i locked the original thread and i would do the same again. i couldnt care less who deleted it, its not important.

what is, is that it was against the rules of posting here, and funnily enough not everyones heard of the 'chapelle show'. it wasnt obvious to me at first that it was quoted from somewhere else, so theres a chance that someone might be offended by it.

i have nothing against muchspl2, but it was'nt even clear that it was a 'parody' at first. i saw it as another test of the rules, then when quized about it - we'd get to learn that it was a 'parody' so i locked it before it turned in to another pissing contest.

@hobbes, i've never noticed anyones sig saying that or anything like it, if i do then i'll remove it

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Threads should be locked, but not deleted. Full stop.

If you want to "cool" one off, give it an ice-cube instead of removing it.

Edit within the thread for offensive content, but don't remove the thread.

Double standards should not be employed. Full stop.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by pol@25 January 2004 - 20:30
    @hobbes, i've never noticed anyones sig saying that or anything like it, if i do then i'll remove it
    My sig used to be be "I hate stupid Americans". I changed it (after being asked to do so by a mod) to "I hate stupid Americans equally as much as I hate all other stupid people"
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Originally posted by DivineBeingX@25 January 2004 - 22:29
    saying the N word on the board is really offensive for example a black person may read your topic and read through it and say it was offensive because it invovles the n word no matter if its in a funny sitution or negative sitution. I Think all Americans are stupid topic was not reported to the Mods i dont think so but that topic was not a races topic but a national topic as a matter of fact and didnt degrade the Americans
    Hate is hate, whether you label it racism or nationalism.

The comments made were superficially racist to make a deeper point.

The true meaning of the joke was that "people are people, color is irrelevant".

A blind black man is the most vicious white supremacist. Doesn't anyone get that?

The real problem and why I supported locking the thread is that this bigger context was not known to the average reader.

Perhaps if Much were given a chance to explain this misunderstanding before it was deleted, we would not be here now.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by pol@25 January 2004 - 21:30
    I have noticed this type of remark on a few occasions. I actually mentioned this fact in an earlier thread today.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    muchspl2
    why would I "test" the rules
    there was a misunderstanding as to direct links and index pages of links etc
    but that was cleared up and over with, I don't go out of my way for anyone/forum
    but when I witness something thats not right I will speak my mind
    true I should have framed it different in the post but I didn't get the chance
    just seems unfair censorship to completely delete the thread and I posted the cache on my web space to show what a "raciest" I am
    ridiculous
    its the #1 show on comedy channel and the highest ratings ever for comedy channel surpassing all south park episodes

9. Lounge   -   #39
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@25 January 2004 - 16:42
    its the #1 show on comedy channel and the highest ratings ever for comedy channel surpassing all south park episodes
    No way dude.I want to see some Stats.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Originally posted by bigboab+25 January 2004 - 22:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab &#064; 25 January 2004 - 22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-pol@25 January 2004 - 21:30
    @hobbes, i&#39;ve never noticed anyones sig saying that or anything like it, if i do then i&#39;ll remove it
    I have noticed this type of remark on a few occasions. I actually mentioned this fact in an earlier thread today.[/b][/quote]
    Yes, you did and it was bloody brilliant post. We are here to erase the limitations of geographic separation and come together as a global community, not to erect barriers along nationalistic lines.

The greatest perpetuator of prejudice is ignorance. Here we have a chance to know people from all over the world and discuss topics as people, one-on-one.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast