Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Info On Pci-express Mobos...

Poster
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+26 January 2004 - 05:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ @ 26 January 2004 - 05:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx@25 January 2004 - 20:07
    and will we be able to plug our old PCI cards into the new PCI express or what?..will the cards be completly diff and we will have to buy new cards?

And it shouldnt be called pci express..that sounds gay..it needs to be like agx or something cool like that haha..
    The letters E, and X are way overused already in relation to Extreme alone......... [/b][/quote]
    Exactly
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by 4th gen+25 January 2004 - 22:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen &#064; 25 January 2004 - 22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@26 January 2004 - 05:01
    <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx
    @25 January 2004 - 20:07
    and will we be able to plug our old PCI cards into the new PCI express or what?..will the cards be completly diff and we will have to buy new cards?

And it shouldnt be called pci express..that sounds gay..it needs to be like agx or something cool like that haha..

The letters E, and X are way overused already in relation to Extreme alone.........
    Exactly [/b][/quote]
    Of course, you mean EXactly

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by adamp2p+26 January 2004 - 05:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 26 January 2004 - 05:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 4th gen@25 January 2004 - 22:06

The letters E, and X are way overused already in relation to Extreme alone.........

Exactly
    Of course, you mean EXactly [/b][/quote]
    EXpertly noted
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 4th gen+26 January 2004 - 01:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 26 January 2004 - 01:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by adamp2p@26 January 2004 - 05:30
    Originally posted by 4th gen@25 January 2004 - 22:06

Exactly

Of course, you mean EXactly
    EXpertly noted [/b][/quote]
    EXceptionaly well done pun as well.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    hmm... ...not for another 2 months at least, DAMMIT i wanna build a new computer NOW&#33; eh i still gotta wait for Windows Elements, and 64-bit Prescott.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    i read somewhere (i think XBit Labs) that SiS will release a pci-express compatible southbridge copatible with ALL their current chipsets

yes, this will be in spring.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by adamp2p+26 January 2004 - 00:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p &#064; 26 January 2004 - 00:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mad Cat@25 January 2004 - 13:26
    We will be seeing the first PCI-Express compliant motherboards in Spring.

ATi&#39;s next cards (R420, codename Loki) is going to be primarily PCI express, but will ship with a PCI-Express to AGP bridge.

nVidia will carry on with AGP for its next card (nV4x) or so, but may create PCI express versions.

EDIT: Oh yes, PCI express isn&#39;t really anything special. Its increased bandwith through the PCI slots basically.
    You&#39;re only going to notice much difference if you max out something like a PCI IDE controller.
    Its like the difference between AGP4x and AGP8x.
    I am sorry Mad Cat, but you are completely wrong.

The results will be VERY tangible. Especially when it comes to graphics data.

[/b][/quote]
    Adam, I wasn&#39;t saying the bandwith difference wasn&#39;t so large. It is, and that is the whole point of PCI express. What I meant was that it won&#39;t really make a direct impact on graphics cards today. Once graphics cards start requiring more bandwith, this is when PCI express will be extremely useful.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Pitbul@26 January 2004 - 18:38
    hmm... ...not for another 2 months at least, DAMMIT i wanna build a new computer NOW&#33; eh i still gotta wait for Windows Elements, and 64-bit Prescott.
    I heard 64 bit Intel is going to be a long time coming, but I&#39;m not all that sure.

This article maybe of interest to you. Its a few months old, but here it is:
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/10/prweb85870.htm

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mad Cat+26 January 2004 - 14:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat &#064; 26 January 2004 - 14:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pitbul@26 January 2004 - 18:38
    I heard 64 bit Intel is going to be a long time coming, but I&#39;m not all that sure.

This article maybe of interest to you. Its a few months old, but here it is:
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/10/prweb85870.htm [/b][/quote]
    actually theirs been a very selected few japanese sites that have tested Prescott chips.

i dont know if its the 64-bit chip or just 32 bit prescotts (if their are 32-bit prescotts)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12