Thread: Port Forwarding Problems

I'm using a SMC2404WBR router and when I go to the isp/router page that lets me control the firewall and so on I find that there's no option to forward certain ports (trying to forward the ones that the Shadow client uses to cure my nice average transfer rates of about 15kb max). Is there any way to do this, I do have the latest firmware upgrade installed from SMC but now I'm stuck.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    loom for apps and games or something similar, and im not sure if you need to go to isp

oh and you dont need to forward ports if you have green lights,slow speeds just depends on seeds

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    well I have yellow so that's why I'm asking. And there is no apps or games things, I've looked through everything and there's nothign to do with port forwarding, the closest is DMZ and I really don't want to totatlly open my computer up to the internet

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    "Some applications require multiple connections, such as Internet gaming, video conferencing, Internet telephony and others. These applications cannot work when Network Address Translation (NAT) is enabled. If you need to run applications that require multiple connections, specify the port normally associated with an application in the "Trigger Port" field, select the protocol type as TCP or UDP, then enter the public ports associated with the trigger port to open them for inbound traffic.

Note: The range of the Trigger Ports is from 0 to 65535."

That's what I found, but I don't know how to use it

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Sorry, I don't know much about configuring that, but if you are using azureus as your BT client, you have an option to only choose one port to connect to all torrents. Not to mention, you only use one window for all torrents.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by einstein146@25 January 2004 - 15:58
    I&#39;m using a SMC2404WBR router and when I go to the isp/router page that lets me control the firewall and so on I find that there&#39;s no option to forward certain ports (trying to forward the ones that the Shadow client uses to cure my nice average transfer rates of about 15kb max).&nbsp; Is there any way to do this, I do have the latest firmware upgrade installed from SMC but now I&#39;m stuck.
    That model refers to the SMC Barricade Wireless Cable/DSL Broadband Router. If so you will need to enter the &#39;Advanced Setting&#39; and select "Virtual Server". There you should be able to forward ports as needed. Check your manual for reference.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    thanx corner, just one problem now (hate to keep this up), it asks what port that it&#39;s trying to connect through and hten what port want to forward it through. Problem is, I&#39;m not sure as to what the ports are that it&#39;s trying to connect through, unless it&#39;s the default ports of 6881-6999, which I can&#39;t reassign all of them as I only have about room for about 20

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    I would just reassign the 1st few, if that is all you can do. New routers allow you to enter a start - finish point, as for yours it&#39;s not that way. Just assign starting from 6881 - highest it will allow.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Final post from me I hope, sry to have been such a bother but I have no clue what I should enter in the virtual server screen. Here&#39;s a sample of something like what I get.

Private IP Private Port Type Public Port

1. 192.168.2. TCP UDP

This continues on for a bunch of lines, but the things is I have no clue what I should fill in the blanks (I know to choose TCP port)

The helpful instructions are

"You can configure the Barricade Turbo as a virtual server so that remote users accessing services such as the Web or FTP at your local site via public IP addresses can be automatically redirected to local servers configured with private IP addresses. In other words, depending on the requested service (TCP/UDP port number), the Barricade Turbo redirects the external service request to the appropriate server (located at another internal IP address)."