Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zeropaid, A Big Fake

kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Vargas@26 January 2004 - 20:01

like screwing with random nut when he exposed thier code to be exploitable ON PURPOSE

DRM is meant to be cracked, see my prior post.
    the random nut fiasco was a bunch of b.s.

Sharepro got pissed and let his anger fly, as everybody does once in awhile. singling him out is b.s.

DRM is NOT meant to be cracked. If they continue with DRM technology and discover a way to encrypt music etc. with un crackable DRM, there won't be anything to share. just look at how microsoft wants you to update your drm every once in awhile.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by kAb@27 January 2004 - 04:10
    just look at how microsoft wants you to update your drm every once in awhile.
    i dont have WM9 or DRM on this PC

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Vargas+26 January 2004 - 21:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vargas @ 26 January 2004 - 21:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kAb@27 January 2004 - 04:10
    i dont have WM9 or DRM on this PC [/b][/quote]
    well you&#39;re lucky

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Originally posted by kAb+27 January 2004 - 04:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kAb @ 27 January 2004 - 04:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NotoriousBIC@26 January 2004 - 19:09
    Reality check&#33;&#33;

Are we forgetting who the REAL bad guys are here?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;

It&#39;s guys behind ES5. They&#39;ve done far worse things than selling DRM.
    ... like?

an efficient DRM will be the end of p2p as we know it. [/b][/quote]
    And an efficient internet mob will end freedom of speech on the internet...

You actually prefer some on-the-run-from-law money hustler above someone who&#39;s trying to sell Digital-Rights-Management?
    You know full well that DRM won&#39;t be the end of p2p as it&#39;s already been cracked and will be in the future.

I seriously had expect some more sense of you kAb.

p.s. And don&#39;t come back at me that I&#39;m over-exaggerating. You&#39;re doing it too...

p.p.s. Anybody who threatens to pay people to &#39;do you and your family over&#39; AND posts that together with your address on public internet is a dangerous and deranged individual, with no excuse possible&#33; (thank God it was the wrong address)
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    And an efficient internet mob will end freedom of speech on the internet...

You actually prefer some on-the-run-from-law money hustler above someone who&#39;s trying to sell Digital-Rights-Management?
    You know full well that DRM won&#39;t be the end of p2p as it&#39;s already been cracked and will be in the future.
    The "Mob" isnt taking over the internet, but if you ask me I&#39;d rather the "mob" invest into p2p and not the GOV, RIAA, Microsoft, or DRM companies .

And Steve Cohen isnt a small "money hustler". Read this article entirely. Cohen offered to purchase Caesars Palace in Las Vegas for over 3.5 billion dollars in cash&#33;&#33;&#33; http://www.mediaesq.com/new76541.html

Cohen was in forbes magazine as one of the wealthiest men in the world for several years. Sex.com was a civil case and not a criminal one so for not paying the 65 million dollar bill so he preferred to run to Mexico. The whole Sex.com case was over "intellectual property" and "copyrights". It had nothing to do with who registered the domain. If it were just a case of "hi jacked domain" then network solutions would have given the new owner the domain back. Fact is Steve had the domain for several years. Do some reading.

Its no wonder Steve Cohen hates "copyright law" and the RIAA&#33;

Are we forgetting who the REAL bad guys are here?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;

It&#39;s guys behind ES5. They&#39;ve done far worse things than selling DRM.
    Besides lying about their user stats what has es5 done so bad? Update code that didnt hurt anybody and was fixed a long time ago? I agree that SPs comments about RN were WAY WAY WAY out of line but I dont use es5 because of Sharepro so I dont care.

Kazaa has infested over 300 million peoples computers with spyware and adware that is far more damaging than that update code. How many peoples computers have been damaged as a result of Kazaa? How many peoples web browser activity is being monitored as a result of using Kazaa or Imesh or Morpheus?

ES5 gives free ftp, free movie streams, free p2p radio, free verified downloads, and they dont have any adware or spyware. I am not political or religious when it comes to p2p. I could care less who SteveCohen is or who Sharepro is. I simply cant find another network that offers what ES5 offers for free and the security they offer. Can you?

I&#39;m not rich. I study and my parents barely have the funds to put me through school. If I get sued by the RIAA, I&#39;m fucked for life.

I wrote SP a letter a while back cursing him out about the RN issue. He actually sent me a letter showing me that he wasnt the person who originally published RNs address cuz it was in several published articles on CNET. (I checked this out and SP isnt lying). RN gave several interviews to Cnet and included his personal information there long before sp gave it out.

SP&#39;s major claim was 2 things. 1) He supplys files and was pissed off that somebody was promoting people to delete p2pr&#39;s files with an exploit. 2) Since ES5 started RN claimed that they worked with the RIAA.

Now everybody knows that they dont work with the RIAA. Steve Cohen financially backing it with Ras Kabair just proves that.

Everybody seems to want to convince their peers that es5 is bad cuz of the guys who run es5 are "criminals". So what? I mean I am criminal too because according to the local laws of my state, I am "illegally uploading files" everyday. So the finer points of morality are a bunch of BS when talking about P2P.

The only people today who can create and expand p2p are criminals. Are the owners of Kazaa righteous people? Uhh..yeah right. How can you make a p2p network and test it without swapping a file? How do you expect to get millions of users? All of them are dirty. Dont kid yourself.

I could go on writing but then everything I write has already been written a million times. Was SP okay to publicly threaten RN? Hell no, that was disgraceful. But so was printing the exploit in the first place. RN has had issues against ES5 way before that incident. I think instead of fighting with eachother, they should simply work together. I mean ES5 has got major financial backing and they arent going anywhere.

I think that if ES5 were to hack fast track with the help of RN, they would be number #1 in the world cause ES5 really does have the ability to hide your ip behind multiple proxys and offers a lot of extra security that we all need and no other p2p network is providing. Not even the RIAA can turn off ES5 cause they&#39;ve got the financial and political backing in Palestine. KLite and ES5 together could control the entire industry.

Its not the mob that hurts p2p and its not the RIAA that hurts p2p. Its the p2p community that isnt united. If the p2p community and the so-called "leaders" like Random and Sharepro would simply make friends, we would all benefit as users.

Until now, both ES5 and KLITE are acting like street gangs and its pretty fucking pathetic.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by kAb@26 January 2004 - 23:10
    the random nut fiasco was a bunch of b.s.

Sharepro got pissed and let his anger fly, as everybody does once in awhile. singling him out is b.s.
    Sharepro also bragged about sabotaging BitTorrent trackers on multiple websites.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Vargas+27 January 2004 - 04:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vargas @ 27 January 2004 - 04:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kAb@27 January 2004 - 04:10
    i dont have WM9 or DRM on this PC [/b][/quote]
    You can turn the damn DRM off...

Anyway, DRM will never kill peer2peer. What do you thing CD protection is for? Seen how much it helps?

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    The "Mob" isnt taking over the internet, but if you ask me I&#39;d rather the "mob" invest into p2p and not the GOV, RIAA, Microsoft, or DRM companies .
    With the Cov, RIAA, Microsoft or DRM companies you actually have RIGHTS. With the mob you have NONE. Get your priorities straight.

And Steve Cohen isnt a small "money hustler". Read this article entirely. Cohen offered to purchase Caesars Palace in Las Vegas for over 3.5 billion dollars in cash&#33;&#33;&#33; http://www.mediaesq.com/new76541.html
    Did I say small? No, you&#39;re even making your point worse.

Cohen was in forbes magazine as one of the wealthiest men in the world for several years. Sex.com was a civil case and not a criminal one so for not paying the 65 million dollar bill so he preferred to run to Mexico.
    Which is a criminal offense...

The whole Sex.com case was over "intellectual property" and "copyrights". It had nothing to do with who registered the domain. If it were just a case of "hi jacked domain" then network solutions would have given the new owner the domain back. Fact is Steve had the domain for several years. Do some reading.
    Do some reading yourself&#33; Sex.com wasn&#39;t originally registered by Cohen, but by his financial partner, who simply &#39;relinquished&#39; it&#33;?&#33;?

I could go on and on, but it&#39;s pointless. You&#39;re right about the P2P community not being united.
    However I&#39;m afraid ES5 and their group brought that on, as everything was fine before that.

On a final thought I would like to ask everyone a question:
    "Would you like your neighborhood be run by laws of common sense and respect or by laws of money and honour?"

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    My point is that the comments about Steve being a "spammer" were out of place. I have seen no proof of that. The guy is a billionaire. I mean he doesnt need money.

I read some stuff on him cause afterall he is a really interesting character. He was a lawyer who got disbarred, continued being a lawyer and got thrown in jail for tax evasion and impersonating a lawyer and contempt of court and some other really dubious acts.

With the Cov, RIAA, Microsoft or DRM companies you actually have RIGHTS.
    Really? What rights? So in your opinion, its okay to sue 12 year old little girls who live in housing projects?

Its okay to xerox copy a text book or even check out a book from a library, but its not okay to lend music out? Dude, the RIAA is a multi billion dollar interest group extorting the people. The RIAA needs to concentrate on making music non-copyable, and not screw the people who share it.

If you ask me who do I trust meaning the US GOV or ES5? Definately ES5. They are in Palestine. They dont come knocking on my door. The US Gov and RIAA will come if they know my identity. So at least I&#39;m safe with ES5.

I dont think that Sharepro meant anything serious about RN. I think he just wanted to scare him. Sure I freaked when I saw him threaten RN. But RN also crossed the line. RN should not have told people to try and delete other p2prs files on es5. Even if RN hates ES5 why did RN try to get people to delete the users files? Lets not go there that the code should not have been there. Fact is both sides were wrong and it doesnt matter who was "more wrong".

I heard that Random Nut fixed a bug for Kazaa that could have broken the entire network or split it up. He chose to inform Kazaa instead of doing damage. RN could have simply broken the entire network of Fast Track or lets say vice versa, lets say ES5 could have done damaged Kazaa nodes, how would have everybody reacted? The responsible thing to do is to inform the authors of Fast Track to fix it.

RN should have informed ES5 that the update code could be potentially dangerous. ES5 would probably have removed it immediatley like they did immediately after they knew about it. RN did it to damage es5 and we all know that. RN didnt print the exploit cause he cared about p2prs. The weird thing is that es5 gained big time from that whole fiaco probably because of the way SP reacted.

I mean come on, ES5 had been running for a year before RN&#39;s exploit and they are the only ones giving files from their own servers so its stupid to think they wanted to delete files. And look at how SP reacted. Does that sound to you like a guy who would delete files? His whole threat was based on the premesis to RN "if you delete my users files, I&#39;ll delete you" or something similar.

Dont get me wrong. I totally freaked when I saw the threats. I even pm&#39;d sharepro and told him that he was a fucking asshole to make threats.

I dont mean they are the "mob" in relationship to murder or killing. They are like a digital fungus causing gang green on the RIAA or maybe a "digital intifada" that cant be stopped. They found a way around the law and that should be embraced.

I once read a book that said "organized crime is better than disorganized crime". We are all criminals for doing p2p. Why not be organized? Why not unite? ES5 has proven they have the money and political backing in Palestine and they are not going anywhere so I mean how come RN and Sharepro cant be friends? Or at least act civilized and cut the shit out?

Sharepro also bragged about sabotaging BitTorrent trackers on multiple websites.
    Sharepro never bragged about dos attacking bit torrent sites. He had his own bit torrent sites. Sharepro could have denied the entire conversation because it was in an open IRC where nobody could prove that it was SP. He not only admitted the conversation was him, he also explained it. So I&#39;d give him the benefit of the doubt.

I&#39;m not "pro ES5" or "Anti K++". I am just a user who enjoys both forums and currently use ES5 cause I cant afford to get sued by the RIAA. If I get sued, I&#39;d have to quit college and go work in a factory for the rest of my life (and my parents would probably dis own me&#33

My suggestion is that the powers on this forum and those of you who are on es5 need to speak to sharepro and rn and get them to shake hands. They dont work for the RIAA and them together can do a whole lot of good for us users.

Imagine Klite being hosted in Palestine. Kazaa or the DMCA cant do anything to turn es5 servers off. Imagine RN helping ES5 fix bugs and making a stronger p2p client. Imagine the benefits to us users.

Its the egos that prevent us from being united. If the entire p2p community was united, we could actually make a change and stop the riaa.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    If you don&#39;t want to take the risk of getting a speeding ticket, don&#39;t drive too hard.
    If you don&#39;t want to take the risk of getting sued over copyright infringement, don&#39;t down-/upload that stuff. Simple as that.

You still seem to be thinking that it&#39;s everybody&#39;s right to share and work out your logic from there, when in fact it should be the other way around.

ES5 use of anonymous proxies isn&#39;t limited to it. You can use it with other p2p apps just fine.
    But on ES5 went, parading they were truly anonymous, which wasn&#39;t their own doing in the first place.

When confronted with that, they claimed they had their own datacentre in a palistinian refugee camp (complete with sattelite photos&#33 which also housed enough serverpower and bandwidth to provide proxies for the whole of ES5... in a palistinian refugee camp&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;?&#33;??
    And where are those proxies?

Then comes the 15 million users claim, then the Bittorrent sabotage, then the threats on Random_Nut... (notice I leave the software bug out of this&#33

None of the above have denied, but always written off to misquoting, misunderstandings or anti-ES5 factions.

And so you choose to "trust" ES5?
    Interesting choice....

p.s. please don&#39;t get your parents, 12-year olds and sad stories about factory work into this. It clutters the discussion with sentimental arguments.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast