Thread: Data On A Music Cd-r?

ok i just wanted to know can u burn vcd's to a music cd-r?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    There are specific cd-r's for music?!
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lol where have u been kai

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    dude, AFAIK a cd-r's a cd-r
    some labels claim to be optimized for music or some BS like that,
    (probably just to try and justify the extra $$$ they charge for em)
    but if you want to burn data on it you can burn data on it

B)
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Well i wanted to know cause when i try to make a vcd it always fails and all i have right now is music cdrs

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    make sure that you do not have a totally generic cdr, those can be bad alot

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    thought you might wanna see this....
    got the article here

By Phil Allingham

"Call for Help" recently received this email from Melvin, who writes:

There are blank CDs in stores labeled as data and music CDs. I've been told that data CDs can be used for music, photos, and data. Is this true?

Melvin, it's absolutely true. For all practical purposes, if you are using your PC to burn CDs, there really is no difference between music CD-Rs and data CD-Rs except for price. Using your PC's CD-R/RW drive you can burn music, images, and data to both data and music CD-Rs.

As Melvin may have discovered, audio CD-Rs are more expensive than data CD-Rs. What's the reason for this? Well, anything that's marketed as a music CD-R contains a royalty fee that is intended to compensate artists. Audio cassette tapes contain a similar fee. As you can imagine, CD-R manufacturers don't want to inflate the price of their CD-Rs so they market the same media under a different name.

Technically, music CD-Rs may have a special code that allows them to be used in stand-alone music recording devices. These stand-alone devices check for the code. If the CD-R doesn't contain the code, then the media can't be used in the device. This ensures you won't be able to use a data CD-R in devices that are marketed specifically for recording music.

Since PC drives don't check for this special code, you can use both data CD-Rs and music CD-Rs for any purpose. The bottom line is you'll save yourself some cash by using only data CD-Rs for burning CDs on your PC.
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    ok yeah i got it to work now... but that artical is untrue or at least here music cdrs are cheaper thats why i got them... ohh and there a good brand there TDK