Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dammmm Bt Internet

i keep getting disconnected from bt or is it my modem adsl bt voyager usb. i dont now any other bt members get this problem or this there some app that will keep it connected. do i need more ram (128 i got) or what?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    TRshady
    Ive got bt broadband, its working fine and has been since the day i got it.
    Where abouts are you?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I'm on bt broadband and Ive got the voyager modem and i don't get this problem your problem might be that you're idle time settings are set to disconnect every 10 minutes.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Yeah, it's a good idea to check your idle time settings. I have the same modem, and I haven't had any downtime at all.(Weird considering BT were 'the most complained about ISP of 2002', apparently&#33
    Having plenty of RAM is such an excellent cheap upgrade. I doubled my RAM to 512 for less than £30...if you've got it to spare, after paying broadband's monthly ransom!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I used to have the same(?) thing. It turned out that USB-ports didn't go very well with the VIA chipset. If you have an AMD processor you may have the same problem. I put a USB card in and since then no problem!

Good luck!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    i got 2 usb ports at the back 1 of them has the voyager and the other 1 has a hub with 7 ports. do you rockon if i conect it so the modem runs through the ports it will be fine.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    ps how do i check my idel settings and if so change em'.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    find the BT Voager connection right-click and select properties it is then under options and it is easy to change.
    If you have a shortcut on your desktop right-click on the shortcut select properties and then select find target, then just do what I said above.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    cant do it i am runnig 98 on this pc so might be differnet plz make a tutroal and put it on a geocities server so i can download it.

this is what happens hen i disconnect

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    TRshady
    In norton systemworks 2003 theres the connection keep alive tool. You might find that helpful. good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast