Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cars Will Soon Run On Air

It sounds like an ordinary car. But it's not. In the South of France, inventor Guy Negre says he's developed a car that runs on air.

He says that no fuel is necessary to power the car that can travel at speeds close to 70-miles-per-hour. It's a whole lot of fresh air, driving an engine that Negre says is zero-polluting.

It's a radical concept that Negre says he's been developing since 1997, and he says he has more than 30 patents to protect his invention.

"The invention is in the engine. The invention is in the industrial process. ... This technology is based on a rotation system exploited by cars which use natural gas. It is used even by people who work with combustion fuel. Hydrogen under pressure systems and even the tanks of a fireman's air reserve are based on this technology," Negre says.

READ MORE

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I also recall someone working on a water fuelled car. The water was split between hydrogen and oxygen, the hydrogen burned in some varient of a combustion engine and oxygen was given off as a by-product. As petrol is about £3.80 a gallon (or about $6.50 in other money) I would certainly be interested in seeing either developed.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Will never happen.At least not here in the States.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@26 January 2004 - 22:05
    I also recall someone working on a water fuelled car. The water was split between hydrogen and oxygen, the hydrogen burned in some varient of a combustion engine and oxygen was given off as a by-product. As petrol is about £3.80 a gallon (or about $6.50 in other money) I would certainly be interested in seeing either developed.
    There are a couple of ways hydrogen can be used to run cars.

Some info if you are interested.

There is an operational fuel cell car (probably more by now) in existence. I think there is also a hydrogen / internal combustion engine car as well.

I really like the compressed air chap. I think it is a wonderful idea.

The future, as they say, is here.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Biggles@26 January 2004 - 12:05
    it's still like carrying a bomb everywhere, the combustion between hydrogen and oxygen is EXPLOSIVE, unlike gasline, although used in the same principle...

and besides it takes a lot of energy to split a water molecule, so it's not cost effective just yet

but we'll see what technology can do for us in the future...

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+26 January 2004 - 22:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 26 January 2004 - 22:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@26 January 2004 - 12:05
    I also recall someone working on a water fuelled car. The water was split between hydrogen and oxygen, the hydrogen burned in some varient of a combustion engine and oxygen was given off as a by-product. As petrol is about £3.80 a gallon (or about &#036;6.50 in other money) I would certainly be interested in seeing either developed.
    it&#39;s still like carrying a bomb everywhere, the combustion between hydrogen and oxygen is EXPLOSIVE, unlike gasline, although used in the same principle...

and besides it takes a lot of energy to split a water molecule, so it&#39;s not cost effective just yet

but we&#39;ll see what technology can do for us in the future... [/b][/quote]
    I think the idea was that the fuel would be water until the molecules are split. The resultant explosion being the propellant for the engine. The means by which it is to be split I am unsure - think involved something similar to a spark plug only different (not my area of expertise).

A car with a tank full of water should be safer than the current setup.

Not sure why FC thinks it won&#39;t take off in the States - thought they loved cutting edge technology (or is that Japan?).

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@26 January 2004 - 17:32
    Not sure why FC thinks it won&#39;t take off in the States - thought they loved cutting edge technology (or is that Japan?).
    It will not happen anytime soon.These Cars have been out for Years now that can get alot more Miles Per Gallon.But unless the Government steps in to make the Manufacturers start Promoting these more they are not going to sell.

We need Cars to use Gas.Money is all that matters to us.Yes maybe one day.But not in our Lifetime.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+26 January 2004 - 23:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 26 January 2004 - 23:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@26 January 2004 - 17:32
    It will not happen anytime soon.These Cars have been out for Years now that can get alot more Miles Per Gallon.But unless the Government steps in to make the Manufacturers start Promoting these more they are not going to sell.

We need Cars to use Gas.Money is all that matters to us.Yes maybe one day.But not in our Lifetime. [/b][/quote]
    You could also make cars last for decades, but who would want that, make them rust 20 yards from the showroom and buy another.

That&#39;s the American way.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Must be my in-built Scottishness that wants a car to look like showroom condition after 20 years and do 300 miles to the gallon.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@26 January 2004 - 23:46
    Must be my in-built Scottishness that wants a car to look like showroom condition after 20 years and do 300 miles to the gallon.
    Hard wired frugality (not parsimoniousness obviously) does not a bad person make.

Like big arses, it&#39;s in your genes mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast