Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Firewall Do You Use?

Originally posted by shn+29 January 2004 - 03:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 29 January 2004 - 03:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ZeroTolerance@28 January 2004 - 21:26
    its so much software you need to have and by the time you set them all up your computer usage will be up and you could barely run a program. You need a antivirus software,spyware program and a firewall, and so on. Cant the companies make one software that contains all of this? man
    I think bloated versions of norton do that. An antivirus and firewall at least, Im not sure if they have a suite with spyware protection.

Just because its 3 programs in one does not mean it wont require the same amount of system resources as it would if it were 3 seperate programs. [/b][/quote]
    i do have norton and it is a fucking computer hog , any other good antivirus software out there? because my computer runs slow with norton and my expired date about to run out too.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Zero try AVG free program

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ZeroTolerance+29 January 2004 - 04:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ZeroTolerance @ 29 January 2004 - 04:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@29 January 2004 - 03:36
    <!--QuoteBegin-ZeroTolerance
    @28 January 2004 - 21:26
    its so much software you need to have and by the time you set them all up your computer usage will be up and you could barely run a program. You need a antivirus software,spyware program and a firewall, and so on. Cant the companies make one software that contains all of this? man

I think bloated versions of norton do that. An antivirus and firewall at least, Im not sure if they have a suite with spyware protection.

Just because its 3 programs in one does not mean it wont require the same amount of system resources as it would if it were 3 seperate programs.
    i do have norton and it is a fucking computer hog , any other good antivirus software out there? because my computer runs slow with norton and my expired date about to run out too. [/b][/quote]
    Use systemsuite, its much better. Version 4 is produced by ontrack, and version 5 by vcom (who bought it from ontrack). If you install version 5, don&#39;t install all the extra crap that comes with it.
    Robert00000

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by ZeroTolerance+28 January 2004 - 22:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ZeroTolerance @ 28 January 2004 - 22:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@29 January 2004 - 03:36
    <!--QuoteBegin-ZeroTolerance
    @28 January 2004 - 21:26

Just because its 3 programs in one does not mean it wont require the same amount of system resources as it would if it were 3 seperate programs.
    i do have norton and it is a fucking computer hog , any other good antivirus software out there? because my computer runs slow with norton and my expired date about to run out too. [/b][/quote]
    Norton corporate is very lightweight and gets the job done. Its what I use on my xp box. I use version 7.60.xxx, there are newer versions but I think this one is just fine.

Its just antivirus though, I dont need the other stuff. You might want to try something else if your looking for an all in one suite.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    yeah...i dunno if norton 2004 pro has a firewall, if it does...i dunno where the hell it is hah

but i use my router...works like a charm

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    I use McAfee firewall

definantly the best out there does not slow down internet

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    I use z.a 4.5 pro

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    im using the router firewall and for the pc just windows xp one

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    If you want a good combined Anti Virus and Firewall, go for Panda Anti Virus Platinum. This is a good product that does the job. The Anti Virus updates daily, and sometimes twice daily, and is easy to configure. The firewall is made by Sygate and runs well within the programme, blocking any attackers ISP for 10 minutes automatically.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Poster
    Zone Alarm free edition.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast