I've always been able to 'reset' my dreams. If something is happening that I don't like I just try it again. I could control where I started in the dream but I never really controlled what the next outcome would be. If I didn't like it I would just try again, but I never realized I was dreaming until recently. I had a dream that a girl who was kidnapped here was my best friends sister and I was helping look for her. I found her and I went to my friends place to give him the good news. He was making macaroni and cheese, there were macaroni and cheese boxes everywhere, and there was old macaroni and cheese in bowls laying around everywhere and there was mac and cheese all over the floor. Some got stuck in my sock and so I decided to leave and on my way out I looked around and I realized that this is my friends place at all, this is my grandma's house. That is when I knew I was dreaming, but then I realized I couldn't remember what was going on in the real world and woke myself up.

yea its cool when you can control your dreams, ya get to do anything. what i usually do to do this is i go to sleep on my right arm, so when i wake up its dead basically, and i set my alarm clock to very early in the morning, then when i wake up, i turn off the alarm clock and go to sleep normally (since im so tired i go to sleep in less than 5 seconds) but i still feel my arm all wierd and tingly so i am some what awake but am still sleeping, and i realize this and am able to control my dreams.
Last night I woke up and I had been lying on my arm like that. It was so weird, I could move my arm and hand but I couldn't feel it moving so that was useless. So I decided to use my other hand to pick up my dead hand and move the fingers and stuff to get blood going again, but I couldn't find it. I was sitting up feeling around my lap and around me and I just couldn't find it. When I finally did it was like holding a dead mans arm. My arm has fallen asleep before, but this by far the longest it ever lasted.