Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Kazaa Keeps Disconnecting, I Need Help

When I am on, it will always disconnect and then connect again. Now it just doesn't connect.

I just recently hooked up a wireless router and I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Can someone please help me? Thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Old Fella
    Is it your internet connection that disconnects or your connection to KLite? And if the latter when you say it disconnects do you mean that it often shows as connecting at bottom right? Please provide more information if you want some help, including what version you are running.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by chris_tran_@27 January 2004 - 01:25
    When I am on, it will always disconnect and then connect again. Now it just doesn't connect.

I just recently hooked up a wireless router and I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Can someone please help me? Thanks
    with routers you need kanat get it here

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I am running Kazaa Lite K++ Version 2.4.3 I am always connected to the interenet, and it is my connection to Kazaa that always disconnects. Now it doesn't connect at all (it just says it's connecting all the time but never does)

I also got KaNAT and did the test. The only problem is that it says my port is "stealthed" and has a firewall. I disabled it by clicking on preferences on my connection and unchecking the firewall box. However, it is still the same thing. Does anyone know any other way? I am running Windows XP (if that matters)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    You have to do full port-forwarding on the router -- TCP+UDP of KL++'s ip port.

Also, wireless routers are NOTORIOUS for overloading and crashing under fewer connections per second than even the poor wire-based routers.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I'm sorry, I don't understand, how do I do full port forwarding on the router?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    I don't know exactly how for your router -- I have a wired Linksys router.

But you have to do something called port-forwarding or "port triggers" that sends all incomming internet traffic on a certain ip port (or port range) to a certain computer on your network. DMZ would work for this, but it is overkill -- doing away with basically all the benefits of having a hardware firewall.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    also make sure your xp firewall is disabled

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Ok, thanks everyone for the help. I got into the settings of my router and disconnected the firewall. I went into my NAT settings where I have to enable certain ports. What port does kazaa use and does anyone know what I should do?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    options>klite options>friewall> here you see the port at the bottom, that is what you need to forward just that port

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast