Thread: Notebooks

okay.... don't blame me for this stupid question.... i was wondering can you plug in a normal USB mouse into a notebook? ... yes it's stupid but i still want to know.... and no im not trying to improve my post amount since its stuck at 290 for some reason but o well...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    if it has a usb port you can use a usb mouse in them. notebook = laptop right, soory been up for a long time and my brain isnt working right

Ive got a sony vaio laptop and a m$ optical mouse and it works perfectly in the usb port. the mouse is crap though the left mouse button just snapped right of, ive only had it for 6 months as well. but lost the receipt

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Soul814@5 March 2003 - 01:08
    okay.... don't blame me for this stupid question.... i was wondering can you plug in a normal USB mouse into a notebook? ... yes it's stupid but i still want to know.... and no im not trying to improve my post amount since its stuck at 290 for some reason but o well...
    Simple answer. Yes. You need a USB port and an OS to support it. Win 98SE or above, or an installation disk. If you have these then no problem.