Thread: Gaming Headsets, What Do You Recomend?

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    I am currently looking to upgrade my headset. My current plantronics set, while doing a average job, cost about 25$, and doesnt have the top notch sound I want and need for Counter Strike.

Plantronics DSP 500, is one set I have considered. I can get it for about 65$, and have heard its pretty solid, giving 32bit sound, w/o a sound card if necessary.

Currently however, my brother listens while I play cs right now. I have a splitter going to my headphones, and to my home stereo. He listens on the stereo headphones.

WIth the above plantranoics, you can only have sound via the usb headset, or speakers, only one at a time, and u have to switch back and forth in the control panel. As much as I use my stereo for mp3s, and him listening, that headset seems like somewhat of a pain in the ass.

are there any other recomendations? Headsets? Good quality, even they if they cost a bit, let me know, thx.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I use Labtec Axis 002. It is really good for Counter Strike Becoz i play it too ! Only Cost $29 or maybe less

The headset has a Noise Cancelling unit built into the the mic & good clear sound to it.

But sometimes hurts ur ears by the the razor sharp edges if u dont position it to the right place

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Solex@2 March 2003 - 12:32
    I use Labtec Axis 002. It is really good for Counter Strike Becoz i play it too ! Only Cost $29 or maybe less

The headset has a Noise Cancelling unit built into the the mic & good clear sound to it.

But sometimes hurts ur ears by the the razor sharp edges if u dont position it to the right place
    Do you have to unplug your speakers every time you use it use it?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Nope! i've got a splitter for it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    See, the thing with the plantronics, is that, even with a splitter, it doesnt matter.

Being it bypasses the sound card, and u cant use it, and speakers, without switching between them in control panel all the time.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Damn, people still play counterstike?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    More then ever...