Thread: Background Transparacy

SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I really need to make an simple solid image (like with circle or curved rectangle) a transparent background. I can draw the image (using the elliptical tool) but I'm really struggling to get the background transparent. I create an image with no background and draw to image (which is solid) and it looks fine. When I got to save it however the background (that was previously clear) turns white. I've tried saving the image as a .jpg and .gif but neither work. I've also had a go with layers but I'm not good with them and can't work out how (if possible to do it).

What file type should I be using when saving transparent files and more importantly how do I make them?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    TRshady
    Im not to sure on this subject, as people may remember me asking the same thing, but search google and you'll find information and browser hacks to help your problem.

The file types you could use are .gif or .png ...... Jpeg wont work.

I'll have a look information for ya ....

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Thanks I have had a quick look (and checked the help files in photoshop) but couldn't find anything. Heres some pictures of what happens:

Thats how it looks in photoshop. The background is supposed to be transparent and I think it is. I save this as a .gif file.

And this is how it looks in windows after the save. The background has filled in

I just need to pic on my machine (not on the web). Its for a background picture in MS Access.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    TRshady
    If you have the image open in photosgop.
    Got to help > export transparent image ....

That may help you, good luck

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Yea thanks that worked (I exported as a .eps file for use with Access and .png for an image)

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    TRshady
    Nice one and Glad to help