Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marriage.........

Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by Spider_dude@27 January 2004 - 16:43
    i have a message for you yogi. concerning marriage to your bird.

LOL

Your art is Amazing D00D.

Im collecting as much as i can,
    goint to make me a million in few years... i hope.

For the Topic,
    only reasons for Marriage i see is Taxes and in some cases
    ppl get Passports to amother country (is also mis-used)

Teh Luv dont stay on paper, its inside of all of Us.

(omg, im starting to sound like a sissy...)

Spoiler: Show

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by Guitar&#045;Slinger+27 January 2004 - 16:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guitar-Slinger @ 27 January 2004 - 16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spider_dude@27 January 2004 - 16:43
    i have a message for you yogi. concerning marriage to your bird.

LOL

Your art is Amazing D00D.

Im collecting as much as i can,
    goint to make me a million in few years... i hope.

For the Topic,
    only reasons for Marriage i see is Taxes and in some cases
    ppl get Passports to amother country (is also mis-used)

Teh Luv dont stay on paper, its inside of all of Us.

(omg, im starting to sound like a sissy...)

[/b][/quote]
    Ohhh, but you a fine sissy&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

SissyPower&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Yogi

3. Lounge   -   #13
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    But what about all the young ladies in

?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Am I the only guy that wants to be married? I think there is a good reason for getting married, to start your own family. My family was very close and I hope to give that same experience to my wife and kids someday. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, would make me happier.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by dwightfry@27 January 2004 - 19:02
    Am I the only guy that wants to be married? I dream of having a house with a wife and kids. Nothing would make me happier.

I think there is a good reason for getting married, to start your own family. I come from a very close family and I hope to give that same experience to my wife and kids someday.
    But you can do all that without marriage..........

Or do you think closeness comes with marriage??

Yogi

6. Lounge   -   #16
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I am a happily married man. I am the luckiest man that ever lived. I am married to the most wonderful woman that ever walked this mortal coil, even now every morning when i wake up i look over and have to pinch myself to see if i am dreaming. She could have chosen any man she wanted but she chose me.
    This woman gave me 3 perfect children and is carrying one more. She can&#39;t cook but she makes a wonderful cup of tea or coffee.
    Every day i tell her how much i love her. I would never want to cheat on this wonderful woman, she is the reason my heart beats and it is an honour to be seen in public with her and everyone knows...SHE IS MINE AND I AM HERS.

Once again i say..i am the luckiest man alive.....

ok we didn&#39;t need to get married to have this but my question is, if you find someone that can make the whole room dissappear around her and can consume you with such love, why wouldn&#39;t you get married ?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by SensualGardening+27 January 2004 - 11:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening &#064; 27 January 2004 - 11:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dwightfry@27 January 2004 - 19:02
    Am I the only guy that wants to be married? I dream of having a house with a wife and kids. Nothing would make me happier.

I think there is a good reason for getting married, to start your own family. I come from a very close family and I hope to give that same experience to my wife and kids someday.
    But you can do all that without marriage..........

Or do you think closeness comes with marriage??

Yogi [/b][/quote]
    No, the closeness can be there without marriage, but if you really love someone you are devoted to them, marriage is a symbol of that devotion.

I really can&#39;t think of one good reason.......

What is good about a vow or oath if you most likely will break it???

Either by cheating or divorce.......

So, i say: Marriage is for losers who need a signature to seal their bond.

Let&#39;s have a good one&#33;&#33;&#33;

Yogi
    Marriage now isn&#39;t what it was supposed to be. Divorce seems no big deal anymore, well I still feel it is.

I am wondering, for those people that are against marriage, are your parents still together? I&#39;m not trying to offend anyone or make any generalizations, I was just curious, because I would understand how that would effect your views.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

8. Lounge   -   #18
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Well I would like to get married one day but only when I know for sure. I am not into these quicky marriages, I know someone whose marriage lasted a whole 4 weeks

@ DwightFry - It was me and my mum only till she married my step-dad when I was 10 . She now has three other kids and they are very happy together.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Marriage only has meaning to the people that are married, what that meaning is to some will be different to others.
    If you look at it from a logical view then you accomplish nothing different by being married that you could accomplish by living together. 2 people co-habiting with total devotion to each other hold a stronger "marriage" than 2 people that are married but don&#39;t take it seriously. You reap what you sow.
    to some marriage is just a piece of official paper...to me it&#39;s a life of joy, a journey with the woman i love without question and the children that resulted from that love

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Originally posted by vidcc@27 January 2004 - 20:03
    I am a happily married man. I am the luckiest man that ever lived. I am married to the most wonderful woman that ever walked this mortal coil, even now every morning when i wake up i look over and have to pinch myself to see if i am dreaming. She could have chosen any man she wanted but she chose me.
    This woman gave me 3 perfect children and is carrying one more. She can&#39;t cook but she makes a wonderful cup of tea or coffee.
    Every day i tell her how much i love her. I would never want to cheat on this wonderful woman, she is the reason my heart beats and it is an honour to be seen in public with her and everyone knows...SHE IS MINE AND I AM HERS.

Once again i say..i am the luckiest man alive.....

ok we didn&#39;t need to get married to have this but my question is, if you find someone that can make the whole room dissappear around her and can consume you with such love, why wouldn&#39;t you get married ?
    Marriage only has meaning to the people that are married, what that meaning is to some will be different to others.
    If you look at it from a logical view then you accomplish nothing different by being married that you could accomplish by living together. 2 people co-habiting with total devotion to each other hold a stronger "marriage" than 2 people that are married but don&#39;t take it seriously. You reap what you sow.
    to some marriage is just a piece of official paper...to me it&#39;s a life of joy, a journey with the woman i love without question and the children that resulted from that love
    Loved your reply&#39;s, vidcc&#33;&#33;

Also cos i allmost started to think i was the only one here, that happy with his

relation......

I started this topic because nobody ever could give me a good reason to marry

and was curious if anyone her could come up with one........

I too feel i&#39;m the luckiest guy alive.

She still makes whole country&#39;s disappear.......

After eleven years we still laugh our socks off everyday, i can&#39;t imagine better sex,

we have the finest friends, still have our own lives and independance, but never

feel that&#39;s in the way of what we have together.......

Meeting my girl still feels like i won the lottery.......

Again; Why get married having all that???

@Dwight: I&#39;m not against marriage&#33;&#33; I just see nothing in it personally and gladly

my girl feels the same......(ohh, and i deeply dislike most weddingparty&#39;s, but

that&#39;s another story....)

Note: we have registred our partnership for practical reasons. We have hosted

fosterkids for five years and needed those papers. It&#39;s also good in case on of us

would die.......

Yogi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast