Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nooooooooooo!

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    "LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville coach Rick Pitino announced Monday evening that he will be taking an indefinite medical leave of absence from the program.

Pitino has a pain in his side, and will undergo tests in Cleveland in the next couple of days, a Louisville assistant coach told ESPN.com.

"I have been in excruciating pain the last four or five games," Pitino said Monday to The Associated Press. "It's getting worse day by day."

Pitino, 51, said the pain was "urological related" and that he has been coaching with it for at least three months. He said doctors have ruled out prostate cancer, but he would be seeking treatment at the Cleveland Clinic.

Pitino is doubtful to coach Wednesday at home against Conference USA opponent Houston.

"It could be a couple of days, it could be a couple of weeks," Pitino told the AP about how long his leave could be.

Assistant Kevin Willard, the son of Holy Cross coach Ralph Willard and who last week pleaded guilty to driving under the influence of alcohol, will coach the team in Pitino's absence.

Earlier Monday, Louisville moved up to No. 4 in the both the ESPN/USA Today coaches poll and the Associated Press poll. After losing their first game of the season by a point to Iowa, the Cardinals have reeled off 15 straight wins, including victories over two No. 1-ranked teams -- Florida and Kentucky -- in December. Louisville is 5-0 in conference play."

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    wow thats horriable i hope he is going to be alright. he was the only reason i liked loui who knows to bad they have the son of a drunk as a coach why wouldn't u just have the assistant coach be the interm head coach until they know the status thats what i wanna know?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Sounds to me like he has kidney stones. Women who have had them say that they hurt more than child birth.

Sometimes if people get a large stone, it breaks of little pieces causing recurring pain. He may be going in to have the stone broken down or removed.

At any rate, this is a good point in the season, the tournament is a ways off, his team has probably learned to play together, and now they can focus on winning one for the "Rickker".

Anyway, Missouri has got the NCAA tourny locked.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by hobbes@27 January 2004 - 01:16
    Sounds to me like he has kidney stones.
    Sounds to me like he Kidney* be bothered. He knows he is going to get beat anyway.

* Scottish colloquialism for 'couldn't be'.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by hobbes@26 January 2004 - 19:16
    Anyway, Missouri has got the NCAA tourny locked.
    first off with this HAHAHA how do u figure "locked"

also its a horriable time there is about half a season left and losing your coach man that hurts real deap Rick is a good coach and w/o him they are not going to be nearly as good. dont get me wrong they are gonna win just it will be even more tough now.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    40 more Minutes and Louisville Plays.Without a Coach and its 2 best Players.

This one is for you Rick!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Hey, we both have "funky" in our name. COOL!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    That was for you Rick!

Louisville 64
    Houston 48

Playing without 2 of our best Players also.March is going to be Fun.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    internet.news
    Originally posted by FunkyDawg76@29 January 2004 - 03:09
    Hey, we both have "funky" in our name. COOL!
    You are posting so fast to reach your 500 posts? don't you - I also did it one time and only pushed up to 100 posts, but then decided not to do it in order not to overload the board.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by internet.news+28 January 2004 - 22:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 28 January 2004 - 22:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FunkyDawg76@29 January 2004 - 03:09
    Hey, we both have "funky" in our name. COOL&#33;
    You are posting so fast to reach your 500 posts? don&#39;t you - I also did it one time and only pushed up to 100 posts, but then decided not to do it in order not to overload the board. [/b][/quote]

Overload the Board from Posting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast