Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Void Warranty When Ocing

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by SciManAl@27 January 2004 - 22:22
    thanks a lot man. do u know anything bout asus mobos and their policies on ocing and warranties?
    Abu did you kill your Mobo???
    i didn't get it yet. it's gonna arrive on friday. i heard some mobo companies are bitchy bout ocing. but i also noticed that asus supports ocing with their AI OC features, so i'm wondering if they are bitchy bout ocing and voiding warranties as well

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by SciManAl@27 January 2004 - 22:22

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    QUOTE (SciManAl @ 27 January 2004 - 22:22)

hehehe

Abu DON"T WORRIE you worrie way too much just play IT COOL!!!!! LOL dood if i can walk out of best buy with 6-20 sticks of ddr ram then you can chill... your mobo isn''t what is going to go... your CPU is...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by SciManAl@28 January 2004 - 03:22
    thanks a lot man. do u know anything bout asus mobos and their policies on ocing and warranties?
    Well with most companies, Overclocking Invaidates WARRENTY as soon as it's done.

All i can say is if it's a seperate buy ( off the self & installed by yourself) get someone to fit it or if you qualified then you sorted, or if you can get someone to vouch for you, ( catch most people out on fitting themselves as they say they did it theselves & then invaidates warrenty), So there's no come back on being told you didn't get a professional to fit it. otherwise they will say, you didn't handle goods correctly & follow guide lines so your warrenty is invaild. So overall you are A ok to do it as long as you can say i didn't fit it as a pro did & i haven't tampered with it

If it's in a computer case & has a seal, leave it unless you get another warranty void seal ( reels of it in my home lol), or get a pro to do it & get a invoice of some sort.

Does that answer ya question?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123