Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows 95 Repair

h1
    Windows 95? I'm jealous.

Besides my baby (yes, I call it that), I have a triple-boot WinDoze box and a Jag-u-war (sic) box in the closet.

Along with an Atari ST and an Apple ][. B)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Thanks everyone for all your replys. Yep, this thing is old and I will probably invest in a new one before too long. Still, till then I'd like to get this one running as best as it can. I had thought about partitioning the drive, that might be the easiest way to go about it. Any tips or anything I should now about reformating a partitioned drive? Thanks again everyone.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by peat moss@28 January 2004 - 03:15
    Cold north how much memory do you have ? Time to upgrade to a new computer

Have you tryed spoybot? http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

Mentions updating winsock for win95 install
    I've used adaware, perhaps I'll give spoybot a try. Since the surgery last year when they put the plate in my skull the computer has slightly more memory than I do, which ain't much(would be funny if not true).

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by peat moss@28 January 2004 - 03:15
    Have you tryed spoybot?
    LOL, when I saw that at first I thought it said 'boyspot'... some sort of utility for paedo's.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Here's the hash for Partition Magic 8. It'll set up the partition for you.

Fileartition Magic 8.0.exe
    Length:52375552 Bytes, 51148KB
    UUHash:=bco7GK7mHw93XdwPmp3wGmlWg3Y=

As for a new PC, try Dell. They got some hot deals. I'm looking at a refurb for the wifey. It'll keep her off mine......to hell with fool-proofing, I need wife-proofing!!!!

All in all, I've found that 95 is more stable than 98. They're the same, 98 just has more bells and whistles (like USB support ). Just PLEASE don't get M.E.! It's M$'s retarded child......trust me on this!

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by longboneslinger@28 January 2004 - 23:11
    As for a new PC, try Dell. They got some hot deals. I'm looking at a refurb for the wifey. It'll keep her off mine......to hell with fool-proofing, I need wife-proofing!!!!

All in all, I've found that 95 is more stable than 98. They're the same, 98 just has more bells and whistles (like USB support ). Just PLEASE don't get M.E.! It's M$'s retarded child......trust me on this!
    Dell? Don't even think about it! Honest, dood, they're the pits - if you wanna upgrade it you've often got next to no chance.

Last week I foolishly agreed to transfer a friend's components to a new tower case before I found out he had a Dell. The guy got here around 8PM Friday and left about 2:30 Saturday morning after butchering his ole system and his new case just to get tha crap in there.

As for WinME, I found it more reliable than any version before it.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Dell is the best in my opinion (right next to AlienWare). I ran off of WindowsME for 3 and a half years, and I'd have to say, it's not all that bad.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    h1
    I find it reprehensible that you mention Dell and Alienware in the same sentence. Sure, Dell sucks but it is OK if you're poor, a grandparent, an idiot, or a teeniebopper. But Alienware... now that's hardcore. Like Voodoo, Falcon Northwest, Monarch, etc.

And you people are kidding about ME, right?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by [-Crono-
    ,28 January 2004 - 19:00]Dell is the best in my opinion (right next to AlienWare). I ran off of WindowsME for 3 and a half years, and I'd have to say, it's not all that bad.

Ill add that to my list of funniest post Ive seen all day. OMG............Dell is nowhere near an alienware.

Dell is the best in my opinion (right next to AlienWare)

Ok, yeah sure you can put your dell next to my mj-12 if you want

I think you been hangin out with the dell dude to long..................what are you smokin?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Thanks for the partition software address longboneslinger, I might give that a try. My experiences with winME have not been real good. A couple of years ago my wife decided to get a computer and bought an HP with ME. The thing has been a pain. My biggest complaint is that it will not connect to the net faster than 28K, and yes it has a 57K modem.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast