Thread: Man My Pipeline Sucks

i have tried every tip on this forum in order to get my speed up for download, and nothing works, i used kanat, i tweaked my tcp and firewall settings, i forwarded my port to router, man this sucks so bad, i even took my pc out of the network firewall to test it and the download speeds suckkkkkkkkk
    i have a 10mb highspeed internet connection and the most i get when downloading files from kazaa is approximately 5kb if im lucky, many times i get below that, i mean, this is a f*cking joke, i want the speeds i deserve, like at least, at the very least a 60kb, a 100kb would be nice, but shit i deserve sooo much more than that, this is not what im paying for!!!
    i use a Belkin router and have charter highspeed internet, \

is there anyone willing to help?

and yes i do know there are thousands of people asking these speed questions and that theres a whole forum dedicated to fixing it which i have read so pleaseeee help!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    first off where did you a 10mbps speed from???????

second this is not a problem to be fixed since you can't controll it

third how in gods name did you miss my post that is every where???:

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by macaronaroni@27 January 2004 - 12:16
    i have tried every tip on this forum in order to get my speed up for download, and nothing works, i used kanat, i tweaked my tcp and firewall settings, i forwarded my port to router, man this sucks so bad, i even took my pc out of the network firewall to test it and the download speeds suckkkkkkkkk
    Firstly, if you're on Win XP it has its own firewall that needs to be disabled or have it at least give KL++ full access.

btw, KL++ uses TCP AND UDP ip traffic.

If you have another firewall as well as Win XP's, allow KL++ full access through it as well.

Your router has the port forward TO your computer, not the port forwarded to the router! If it's pointing the wrong direction it won't work. That port has to have TCP+UDP forwarded to the computer. If you only do TCP, you'll still be firewalled and unable to download off of other firewalled users.

KaNAT needs to be run on top of everything else done above, and it will ONLY work if your LAN ip is a standard LAN ip (such as 192.168.x.x , 10.x.x.x , or 172.16.x.x to 172.31.x.x)
    KaNAT should also be auto-replacing the LAN ip with the WAN (internet) ip at least once every 20 seconds -- faster is neccessary if you have lots of connections going and/or are doing auto search more.

Even with all that, it may be difficult to get much over 20 KB/sec...
    VERY few people can upload faster than 30 KB/sec, and most of them are uploading to more than 1 person at once so you'll likely only get a fraction of their max.