Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Pc Had To Be Wiped And Win Xp

Poster
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@4 February 2004 - 17:49
    update:

just went to the fat man fixing my pc and he sed that i had done something to the RAM and when windows shuts down it saves crap onto the RAM but one stick got currupted so it didnt save stuff onto okay so thats why it started not booting up sometimes and basicly the RAM is messed but i got 2 X of 256 so i will just take the messed p one out till i get enought money for anuther stick.

fat man is testing the two sticks for me o get my pc back on thursday now

You could've saved your money and time if you'd followed my suggestion to download and run Memtest86.

Never mind, I'm used to being ignored... I have two teenage kids.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #52
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    sorry, but it just isnt physically possible to save stuff to ram at shutdown

3. Software & Hardware   -   #53
    Update:

okay found out that fat man did a test on my ram and its fine. he formatted the hard drive properly and installed windows got it up and runningi gave him my motherboard drivers cd and OMG it crashed while loading the last drive.
    Fat man thinks that something isnt working on the motherboard but will check and stuff.
    So i was thinking, bust mother board, shitty cd rw i could get a new motherboard and b able to up my processor further!!!
    so does anyone know of a quite cheap motherboard (thats in UK pounds) that does gfx card up to 8X AGP up to a 3000+XP atlon takes um.... ram (dunno what type but pritty sure its DDR) and will fit into a 'microcase' as fat man called it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #54
    where do you live?

you may want to check www.ebuyer.co.uk

PS there are good deals on cases just now on ebuyer
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

5. Software & Hardware   -   #55
    Poster
    Originally posted by Livy@4 February 2004 - 23:01
    sorry, but it just isnt physically possible to save stuff to ram at shutdown
    I think you need to try and interpret what this person says he has been told as if he's got the general idea but the details slightly wrong.
    Does that sound right?
    My reply was mindful that he isn't fully conversant with technicalities, and that he was probably told that Windows loads the registry into RAM and saves it to disk when it shuts down. If the RAM is faulty then what gets written back is corrupted.
    Do you see? I'm not sure how well I've explained that.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #56
    Originally posted by ObiWan@5 February 2004 - 22:31
    where do you live?

you may want to check www.ebuyer.co.uk

PS there are good deals on cases just now on ebuyer
    UK
    I think you need to try and interpret what this person says he has been told as if he's got the general idea but the details slightly wrong.
    Does that sound right?
    My reply was mindful that he isn't fully conversant with technicalities, and that he was probably told that Windows loads the registry into RAM and saves it to disk when it shuts down. If the RAM is faulty then what gets written back is corrupted.
    Do you see? I'm not sure how well I've explained that.
    yeah i understand apparently there was a shit loada dust in the slots that was causing problems but now i need a new motherboard. fat man says he's got an A Open board, with 8XAGP, up to a AMD 3Ghz, 3PCI slots, onboard sound and video and 6 USB ports for:
    £65

is that a gd deal ya think?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #57
    well after thinking i decieded to get the new board, should be ready by tuesday, so fingers crossed everything else goes well.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456