Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pc Had To Be Wiped And Win Xp

i installed something that seemed to make my c not boot up sometimes and just crash so i decieded to try and repair WIN XP so i put in the disc and i coulnt repair so i tryed to install witout formmating but it ditn erase the error so last nite i put the WIN XP PRO disc in and formatted and installed WIN XP PRO and it crashed half way thru

now when i put in the XP PRO disc it starts to load p system files to get ready to install but comes up with a system error and says it stopped to prevent harming my pc.

it wont boot cause it says the same thing and i tried my LEGAL copy of XP HOME and that didnt work.

any ideas?

this is a real problem 4 me cause its my only pc and im having to use a m8's for all work and stuff.

sorry for all the spelling errors and shit but im in a hurry.

please offer any help. :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    Software problem dude!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shit! i just relised this aint rly hardare

okay mod plz move but untll then anyone got any ideas?

i cant boot up how it is now and i cant install win xp so i dunno what to do?

even with no windows installed can i get a DOS bootdisc and open DOS and reformat the harddrive 100%?

then try and reinstall win xp? cause its bcoz it crashed half way thru win xp install and its half installed half not :helpsmile:

thnx

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    are you taking parts out before you install? the most surefire way to do a successful Windows installation is to remove as many parts as you can from the PC-- everything that is not absolutely required to boot & install. soundcard, secondary hard drives, network/modem card, etc. it might even be helpful to remove any extra pieces of RAM that you've got, and just use one during the installation. then after you get Windows installed, you can shut down and start putting the parts back in.

a lot of people are able to install Windows on a fully assembled computer, but that is still a pretty big source of installation problems for others.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    i had probs over the weekend reinstalling xp pro so heres what i did - i removed my hdd and took it to a friends pc and got him to format both partitions , i then put it back in my pc and windows installation was no problem anymore B) i also turned my bios settings bak to default as well just to be sure
    Open your mind

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@27 January 2004 - 13:41
    okay mod plz move but untll then anyone got any ideas?
    Ok, I'll move it since you requested it but I'm not sure that it's not a hardware problem.

Is you system overclocked? If so then try setting it to standard speeds and then try reinstalling.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    get a dos boot disk and put it in then get into dos and type format C: and that woud format it...i think you can download the disks off of the microsoft website.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    My advice would be to remove the old partitions and re-partition then re-format, because your partition table may contain errors. I've had this happen to me before.
    Robert00000

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Here are a few sites with good information that may help.

I would suggest Fdisk; new partition; format and install!!

Clean install 1

Clean install 2

Partition and Format a Hard Disk in Windows XP

Install and Use the Recovery Console in Windows XP

Using Recovery Console

Hope this helps, at least some good reading
    Steve

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    as long as you dont have any otehr partitions on your drive (ie backup, downlaods, etc.) then you can type fdisk /mbr and it will fix the master boot record for you then during the xp setup you create a new partition and format it during setup then install and it should work.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast