Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The English F.a. Cup

As many from U.K will now February 14th(Valentines day) and the 15th will be the F.A. Cup 5th round. Being a Liverpool fan i hope my team can win it. Though being from sheffield( home of the mighty blades, Sheff utd) i will have a big eye on my second team as well. Below is of course the draw with 3 non premier teams guaranteed to be in those quarter finals

Man utd vs Man city/Tottenham
    Tranmere vs Swansea
    Telford/Millwall vs Burnley
    Sunderland vs Birmingham
    Sheff utd(my 2nd team) vs Coventry/Colchester
    Arsenal vs Chelsea
    Liverpool(My team) vs Portsmouth
    Everton/Fulham vs West Ham

Of course i hope my team win it, but a strange feeling i get is that the Man utd might just end arsenal's dominance. WHAT YOU THINK?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Do you not think it is suspect that all the premiership clubs have been drawn together?

I'd personally like Chelsea to win the FA cup, not because I support them but you know we all hate the Arsenal and Man U

3. Lounge   -   #3
    well it is a little fishy because in a practice draw liverpool drew man utd, and arsenal got birmingham. It is maybe so that the final will see one of the big three in it. But the final for me would be great if arsenal and man utd were not in it, everyone is sick of the arsenal getting to the final, so come you blues of chelsea i say

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Not Newcastle...

5. Lounge   -   #5
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Celtic.... well maybe next year

6. Lounge   -   #6
    i think celtic will clean up in scotland and i follow rangers up there

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Plus i must add, Arsenal have won the last 2 and each time beat Chelsea on route to do itt, so could it be 3rdd time lucky for the blues, i sure hope so. My mate is an Arsenal and Sheff utd fan, and would swap the cup for the title any day. That and the champions league he says. But i will stay with what i predicted, all the big three will win something, but i have got Chelsea down for the champions league, arsenal for the title, and Man utd for the cup.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Call me biased but I'd love to see the Hotspur to take the cup away from the "big 3"
    I cant see it happening with us drawing Man U (assuming we beat city) but if we're on form, anything could happen.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    If any team knock out united i will celebrate. Lets face it, when my team were great in the past, it was because of pride and a little of arrogance. Man united are always in the news, linked with everyone in the world, and don't the english media realise, we just don't care about Man utd, or what Beckham is doing. There was none of that when Liverpool were high and mighty in the late 70s and early 80s.
    The F.A. Premiership is now virtually run by those 3 top clubs. They are all always in the news, and just llok at what happened to Scarborough, no wonder their chairman and manager are furious. The plain fact is SCARBOROUGH were SCREWED over by a referee who totally bottled it because he was scared of chelsea to give the penalty.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    That's what really narks me about footy nowdays. Its all about the money at the top.
    Example at hand, Scarborough. How much do you think the team makes as a business? Sweet FA. Why do they continue to play? For the love of the beautiful game.
    Football in this country is turning to shit, its all about wealth. Instead of investing in "home talent" most clubs (inculding my THFC) will opt for the quick fix of buying abroad. Where will that leave us internationally in the future?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast