Thread: Basic And Full Diffrence

what is the diffrence between the basic and full versions of the codec packs

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Pretty sure the full one just has more codecs in it.

Steven
    Time never lightend this burden I bear,
    You failed to see me, with empty stares,
    A book being written, still truth untold,
    Buried in lies, but now, unfolds

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Basically.... yeah.
    But, the basic has pretty much all you need to watch almost everything while the full has everything thats not common to watch and you can encode as well.

So, full is for people who want to be sure they have every codec they're gonna need and for people who encode their own movies.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    LLivingLarge
    What about Standard?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Wellllllll, ya could check for yourself.
    Standard is relatively new, I believe. Well, obviously it&#39;s something in between basic and full, but I wouldn&#39;t know because I&#39;ve been using the mega codec pack. It&#39;s still in development, though, but it works perfect.

You know, you can just select full and then choose only what you want to install and don&#39;t choose what you don&#39;t want to install. It&#39;s as easy as that. I don&#39;t like to be restricted so I choose the mega codec pack.

An idea came up to integrate it into the whole K-Lite codec selection, making the packages coming in basic, standard, full, and mega. I think it&#39;s a great idea.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.