Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid Fags

Originally posted by J'Pol@27 January 2004 - 22:59
    I gave up smoking about 5 years ago now.

One of the best decisions I ever made. I would urge you chaps to do the same, particularly if you have not been at it for too long.

Even if you have, it's never too late to make a difference. Your body is a wonderful thing.

You know it makes sense.
    i don't smoke personally, but my mother gave up smoking about 2 years ago, and the improvement in her fitness has been great. The long term benefits should be even more important.

by the way, we all look rather smart in your sig. especially those Damn Fine Hats. shame i changed my name on here though. no matter.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J'Pol@28 January 2004 - 00:59
    Your body is a wonderful thing.
    My body is not a wonderfull thing, therefore i shall continue smoking. B)

UKMan

3. Lounge   -   #13
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I managed to quit gambling, drink (I do it through choice as apposed to need now) and cocaine but I still cant quit the fags.
    Any advice JP?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    What I did Nam. I carried a sealed packet around with me. I promised myself never to open the seal. I did not open it. I gave that packet away after a short while. Never smoked since. Over thirty years.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    I think smokings great, it kills all of the dickheads of the world for us

6. Lounge   -   #16
    i have smoked since i was 15, and it been for 15 years now. The fact of the matter is we are all going to die and you can never have smoked, drunk a pint and so on, and still die before someone who smokes. Most people have a bad habit or vice, mine is smoking. My great grandfather boozed and smoked and lived till he was 89, his cousin who was fit as a fiddle and had never smoked or drunk died when he was 62, that was 20 years before him.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Kid1A@28 January 2004 - 02:46
    Then i shall be leaving you shortly

Ukkie

8. Lounge   -   #18
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by UKMan+28 January 2004 - 02:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UKMan @ 28 January 2004 - 02:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kid1A@28 January 2004 - 02:46
    Then i shall be leaving you shortly

Ukkie [/b][/quote]
    Cool, see you on the other side

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by namzuf9@28 January 2004 - 02:38
    I managed to quit gambling, drink (I do it through choice as apposed to need now) and cocaine but I still cant quit the fags.
    Any advice JP?
    I used the old nicotine gum.

I also spoke to my friends and made them promise that they would never give me a fag, no matter what I said to them. It&#39;s really easy to smoke if your pals will still give you a cigarette. So not buying them doesn&#39;t really work on it&#39;s own, you must make the commitment.

I was an absolute bag of shite for a wee while and abused some people who looked after me. They stuck to their promise, no matter the provocation. I had some really good mates who took me at my word.

I apologized many, many times. I really was a prick, but they accepted that and we got over it.

I now simply avoid getting drunk in a situation where fags are available. I have accepted that I am an addict and this is the way I deal with it.

I can now go on the pish with people who will not give me a fag, no matter what I say. I can also take apple in large quantities at home. I do not go drinking with chaps who would like to see me fail.

It is up to everyone to find a strategy that works for them.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@28 January 2004 - 02:31
    On topic: Never smoked, never will. B)

Off topic: Yes J&#39;Pol&#39;s sig is too big, by 1 pixel in height.

Busyman your sig is 223 KB.
    Actually it&#39;s more than that (especially with my avatar).

I was wondering when or even if a mod would notice.

You&#39;re a good mod. "Another mod" just removed my picture and left the words , but no big deal.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12