Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Move A File From D: To C: .....

Hi guys :helpsmile: ,

When i move a larger file (or many small files at the same time) (about 2 or more gb) from hd D: to hd C: , then i c that the size on C: gets bigger , but the size of D: dosent get any lesser, just remains the same.

Does anybody know why this happends, or what i could do to fix this ?

I have tried restarting, that dident help.

I hope some one can help me, and sorry for my poor english

Thanks B)

DVDLOVER25

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    This is probably no big deal sometimes windows calculates free space wrong, I wouldn't worry about it.

I know there are some tools that fix this, norton utilities is one.

Good luck

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    How do you move your file

(not copy & paste i hope or dragging to make a shortcut )
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Try restarting your computer and windows might pick up on the changes made.

@ the poster above me..
    i just right click on a file and select "Move"..then it asks me where I want to move it too..I choose a drive/folder and it moves it..Easy as.
    how do you do it?..

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Java Boy@27 January 2004 - 18:14

@ the poster above me..
    i just right click on a file and select "Move"..then it asks me where I want to move it too..I choose a drive/folder and it moves it..Easy as.
    how do you do it?..
    that is one way basically right click and send to. what if you are moving to somewhere thats not listed there.

I hardly use right click for these things. Moving --&#62; Ctrl +X. Then Ctrl +V to paste wherever you want.
    Copying Ctrl + C , Ctrl +V.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by I.am+28 January 2004 - 01:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (I.am &#064; 28 January 2004 - 01:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Java Boy@27 January 2004 - 18:14

@ the poster above me..
    how do you do it?..
    that is one way basically right click and send to. what if you are moving to somewhere thats not listed there.

I hardly use right click for these things. Moving --&#62; Ctrl +X. Then Ctrl +V to paste wherever you want.
    Copying Ctrl + C , Ctrl +V.[/b][/quote]
    No its not a send to
    ...so its not gonna be not in the list of send to options
    have a look at my screenshot and tell me where it says send to please

And when i choose "move to" or "Copy to" it lets me browse to the location (anywhere) of my choosing

I&#39;ll post the registry entries if you dont believe me or if any one else wants this handy tool in there right click menu

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    when your moving the files are you just dragging them to the destinatioon drive, because that just copies them. If you are copying them, but your are deleting after, then you have to empty your recycle bin.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Hi guys,

thank u guys for your answers, i CUT then from the d: and then Pasta them on the c:

restarting dosent seem to help either...

DVDLOVER25

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Java Boy@27 January 2004 - 19:57

...so its not gonna be not in the list of send to options
    have a look at my screenshot and tell me where it says send to please

It says "Send To" under "Move To..."

You can always add items to Send To list then why have Move To and Copy To as a tool? Is it a tool really or few registry tweaks? Looks like some tweaks.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    hardly use right click for these things. Moving --&#62; Ctrl +X. Then Ctrl +V to paste wherever you want.
    Copying Ctrl + C , Ctrl +V.
    What&#39;s so special about this?????

It&#39;s the same as right click cut and right click paste and just as fast (or slow)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast