Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Countries Have You Travelled To/lived In?

damn, you guys travel like crazy, i've only been to vancouver seattle and oahu.......

i'm scared of planes now with the terrorism and all the plane crashes i keep on hearing.....it's like,...one little tiny malfunction....plane loses a little control.....crashes..and there goes 130 people........

2. Lounge   -   #12
    FatBastard
    l worked there for a construction company call Arincon, in Jeddha, on the coast road towards Medina. l drove the largest mobile crane in the middle East, a 240 tonne Gottwald. That was in 1978.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by FatBastard@28 January 2004 - 01:19
    l worked there for a construction company call Arincon, in Jeddha, on the coast road towards Medina. l drove the largest mobile crane in the middle East, a 240 tonne Gottwald. That was in 1978.
    I was twee Years ole.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Originally posted by FatBastard@28 January 2004 - 07:19
    You probably got paid tons (atleast thats the rumour if you work in saudi)
    Amazing country - the coral at the time was amazing
    my mother hated it there - she spat on the floor when she arrived-couldnt handle the saudi's scratching there balls in front of her.
    They confiscated any "provocative" pictures from our family foto albums.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    FatBastard
    Yeah, the money was good, about three times what l was earning in the UK, and l earned heaps there too, at least double what my mates were earning. The funny thing was, come pay day, they gave us this huge pile of cash, stood about six inches high on the table, and it looked like Monopoly money. When we went into town everything was duty free, which added to it's value.

The guy l worked for, Sheik Yamani, owned 22 miles of land north of Jeddha, including where the airport is. When he was in Germany once, he bought a road making machine. This thing crawled along, while the trucks drove up onto it to dump their loads. Out the other end came a 10 lane highway, 2 lanes - gap - 3 lanes - gap - 3 lanes - gap - 2 lanes. It was awesome. Along the northern coast of Jeddha, he built his highway, right along the coast, 22 miles long, dead straight and flat. So when you drove out of the city, you drove along a dirt road till you got to this road, 22 miles of freeway, then back on to the dirt road. No-one used it except us. We had our own motorbike club. We had a Yamaha Z1000 something-or-other, a proper drag bike, you had to lay down on it. We also had a Honda 4\44 super sports, and a Suzuki trials bike that beat the Z1000 to 60!

Great days, most of them, as you say, the reef was magic. l went to a few executions and floggings, got pushed to the front, as you do! Played football on the beach with Arab families, slaughtered goats and all! But there was always that underlying fear, you had to be really careful what you did all the time, where you went, who you spoke to, what company you kept, especially female company. We were allowed to drink in our compound, unofficially, of course. There was no shortage of alcohol, not counting what we brewed ourselves. We bought grass in 100 gramme lumps, inside corn cobs imported from Somalia. That could have got us executed, but hey, a guy's gotta smoke!

6. Lounge   -   #16
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Most of these countries i've been to working with various bands - i don't vacation in the usual "tourist traps":

Apart from UK of course...
    All of Scandinavia (as i live in Sweden).
    France (did actually live there for about 1 year).
    Germany (was also there in the Army BAOR when it existed) also with bands.
    Belgium
    Holland
    Austria
    Switzerland
    Italy
    India

Peace
    UKMan

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Scotland
    England
    Ireland
    Wales
    France
    Belguim
    Netherlands
    Denmark
    Canary Isles(Spain)
    Spain
    USA(26 States)
    Canada(Windsor to Niagara)
    Libya
    Egypt

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Germany
    Belgium
    France
    Spain
    Portugal
    Greece
    Turkey
    Canary Islands(+spain....)
    Israel
    Austria
    Switzerland
    Russia
    EastGermany('84, still existed then.....)
    UnitedStates
    England
    Liechtenstein
    Poland
    Luxembourg
    Tchech Republic
    Italy
    YogiLand!!(far far away.....)

Yogi

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Why have you not include Scotland Yogi. Frightened of a civil suit.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Only been on vacation twice, 3 weeks in France and 1 week Luxemburg.
    Also been in Belgium and Germany [both only half an hour away from where in live ] Lived In denmark for 2 years. Thats it

@Fatbastard -------> WOW [how come you travel so much, if I may ask?]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast