Thread: Cant Play Nfsu Demo Online

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    hey im trying to play the need for speed underground demo online with my friend. he is able to play with people but when i try to it shows me the lobbies and i can send challenges to people but when it gets to the loading part it stops and says cannot connect, might be cuase by a firewall. I do not have any firewalls so i immediately thought it could be me router, so i unhooked my router and hookep up my cable modem directly to my pc and configured it to work like that (dynamic ip) and the game worked perfectly, then i hook back up the router and it doesnt work.

does anybody know what could be wrong? ive tried changing some settings in the router but nothing seems to help, i turned off the discard ping from lan side and that didnt help and it isnt set to block any ports or anything.

i have a dlink dl-704p router with latest firmware, connected to and external cable modem, and i have 2 computer (one xp and one 98, neither can play online) and my ps2 (the ps2 works online)

any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    you need to find out what ports NFS uses and open them in your router config.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    how do i find out which it is using and how do i open them on my router?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    does anyone know a UNIVERSAL like port opener?

i have a problem like this with my router but it has no software and no way i can see of opening ports?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    does your router have a configuration at all? try opening your browser and type 192.168.0.1 and then it might ask for a username and password, username is usually admin or administrator and there isnt a password.

i can get into the setup but how do i configure it to open ports?