Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtf Does The E On The A7n8x -e Deluxe

Poster

title sez it all.

the difference in price is $100 NZ, so im wondering wether or not i should chip in that extra $$ to get the lil E in the Asustek A7N8X-E Deluxe, NForce2, 400MHz FSB, Seria ATA, IEEE1394, ATX

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    It means it is somehwt better check the specs... they should compare differently...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    according to this the -E fuction for the deluxe has something to do with wireless LAN...

a7n8x - e deluxe

and heres the normal deluxe which is $100 cheaper

A7N8X Deluxe

is it really worth paying that extra $? i consider myself a keen gamer, but i dont think i need wireless LAN,

can sum1 give me sum advise?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by dray_02@28 January 2004 - 05:57

is it really worth paying that extra $? i consider myself a keen gamer, but i dont think i need wireless LAN,

You have just answered your own question.

My advice is "Don't bet on the Panthers".
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I've been checking out the exact same moboard and the best price I could find on it was at Overclockers.co.uk was £81.

As far as I could tell the other Asus A7N8X boards I've seen ain't Delux versions which arn't supposed to perform quite as well, but Asus as well as some vendors don't half make it difficult to find exactly what it is they're sellin'. There are delux, gold, Rev 2.0, 2.1, E, L, X and fuck knows how many other versions.

The 'E' version is just the latest one of Asus's flagship socket A board, aswell as wireless lan (which I don't need either), it also so has firewire, SATA, Gigabit Lan, and variouse specks which some of the non-delux versions don't have.

I figured that seeing as This moboard is gonna last me for a couple of years at least I might as well make sure it has all the new things (such as SATA) that I'm probubly gonna want to upgrade to later. Still, I havn't bought it yet...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Isnt the diff like $5 in the US? lol
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Yeah! The difference was only about £5 over here, but the cheaper delux version is no longer around much so I guess it was just a slightely older model.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    lol if it was a $5 dollar difference here i wouldnt be posting this topic. lol.

The 'E' version is just the latest one of Asus's flagship socket A board, aswell as wireless lan (which I don't need either), it also so has firewire, SATA, Gigabit Lan, and variouse specks which some of the non-delux versions don't have.
    cheers for that hector

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    In that case I'd check the specks of the non-E delux version (check the product code with the Asus website to make sure it is the 'delux' version the vendor says it is) and get that one before it runs out of stock. Saving $100 in any currency sounds good to me (that must be about £35).

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by clocker+28 January 2004 - 10:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 28 January 2004 - 10:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dray_02@28 January 2004 - 05:57

is it really worth paying that extra &#036;? i consider myself a keen gamer, but i dont think i need wireless LAN,

You have just answered your own question.

My advice is "Don&#39;t bet on the Panthers". [/b][/quote]
    Woah woah woah, was that alittle football comment there? way off topic clocker.

And I hope you didnt put any money on the pats, because their gonna get spanked like the Cowbows, and the rams, and the eagles did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast