Thread: Kanye West: College Dropout

I'M sorry kanye, but rocafella should releashed your album this month. but no, push back after push back, we finally got your album bootlegged. It's not your fault and you got your gold/platinum plaque locked with that.

1. Drug Dealin (featuring GLC) (TBA)
    2. Graduation Intro
    3. All Falls Down (5/5)
    4. Jesus Walks (5/5)
    5. Two Words (featuring Mos Def, Freeway, & The Harlem Boys Choir) (4.5/5)
    6. School Spirit (4.5/5)
    7. Breathe In Breathe Out (featuring Ludacris) _(4/5)
    8. Workout Plan (TBA)
    9. Slow Jamz (featuring Twista & Jamie Foxx) (5/5)
    10. Magic Man (featuring Floetry, John Legend, & Malik Yusef) (3.75/5)
    11. Spaceship (featuring GLC & Consequence) (4.5/5)
    12. Get Em High (TBA)
    13. Keep The Receipt (featuring Dirt McGirt) (4/5)
    14. Through The Wire (4.5/5)
    15. Never Let Me Down (featuring Jay-Z & J-Ivyt, ) (5/5)

Well, i did not finished to listen to that album, but i listened to the majority of the tracks.

First of all, the production is great on one point. It's very greatly sample. The samples are greatly putted and, theres a great lot of loops, enough to brake any possible sound repetion, wich is good. The lil voice is greatly done(in your face heatmakers) like u can see on never let me down and slow jamz. The problems, is that it's over done. The drum programing is nice, but the handclap/snap is over used. keep the receipt brake the usual kanye beat by using electric guitars, and a nice drum programation. I really love the artist that he sampled, and if you love soul, you'll love the style. There's maybe to much similarities betweens all the beats, but yep, it's sound very good!

Also, the lyrics/vocal. Yep kanye can spit, and he does not mimic jay like the young gunnaz or bleek. But some lines are very akward (after me, romeo must die/now i know there's someone watchin me on the other side.) wow..romeo must die..cheesy baby. But,but,but, ya'll got to check out jesus walks, even if it's over catholic lyrical wise, it's nice and its a great message.
    Kanye is a good lyricisit, and maybe the best on the rapper/producer style (ok rza was hot on they gravediggaz albums but after..and quik is great but, is message is paper thin light.)
    But, he got fucked every time he's with somebody. He got the shine busted everytimes. Mos def, ludacris, jay, yeah and twista.

Another point is: i hate jon legend or whatever that guy is. i don't know, i think he's wakk. Consquence is, lame to me. Malik, is listenable. Glc is so-so. I don,t think they can blow up. I like the way kanye putted lauren and floetry on the hook.

I did not hear get em high and drug dealin.

Stand up track: Slow jamz, jesus walks, never let me down, all falls down,school spirit, trough the wire.

weak ones: magic man is kinda weak compared to the rest. But still its a great track.

So my final words be soon. other that being able to get it, drop it like it's hot.

2. Music   -   #2
    looks nice. did you get it on mirc?

3. Music   -   #3
    Poster
    I got this on the 15th of december last year from newsgroups. Not listened to it yet. Might give it a listen soon
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Music   -   #4
    i bet thats not the whole album is it?

5. Music   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by ZeroTolerance@30 January 2004 - 00:18
    i bet thats not the whole album is it?
    Yes, I think it is
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. Music   -   #6
    muchspl2
    no its not
    trust me, different track list, this just droped like the 2 days ago

7. Music   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@31 January 2004 - 02:51
    no its not
    trust me, different track list, this just droped like the 2 days ago
    Yeah, you're right. Perhaps I should have checked my files before I answered the question...

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

8. Music   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    That is indeed the wrong tracklist just posted the Retail a minute ago.

9. Music   -   #9
    WHOA...... NICE CD JUST GOT THROUGH JAMMIN IT