Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tmpge Encoded Mpeg Problems

Hi, Does anyone have the same problem as i have and anyone know how to solve it.
    The problem is that when i download an AVI file from Kazaa-lite i then encode it to mpeg with TMPGE so i can burn to VCD but i haave noticed for quite a while that if you look carefully the motion of the video clip sort of stutters slightly and cant work out why. I have tryed changing bit rate the quality and most settings i could think of which would cause this. Some people i have spoke to said it might be my graphics card as its ON Board the motherboard (basicly the crapest you can get)
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>
    Appreciate any help and feedback on other peoples problems of this sort
    </span>

K-max

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    why dont you just burn it AS avi that&#39;s what i do when making VCD&#39;S

i only use tmpgenc when it&#39;s a DVD disc i need to put it onto.
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by Azzz@28 January 2004 - 16:47
    why dont you just burn it AS avi that&#39;s what i do when making VCD&#39;S

i only use tmpgenc when it&#39;s a DVD disc i need to put it onto.
    How do i do AS AVi Please. Whats it all about

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Ok when you download the movie instead of encoding it just burn it onto a disc how it already is.

(no encoding needed)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Originally posted by Azzz@28 January 2004 - 21:20
    Ok when you download the movie instead of encoding it just burn it onto a disc how it already is.

(no encoding needed)
    Hello&#33;

Most stationary DVD players cannot play DivX movie files so he need to convert it to either VCD or SVCD which most players support atleast VCD is common&#33;.

K-max check out this page that might give you some clues to see if you are doing something wrong:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/convert#11

Sincerely Joakim Agren&#33;

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by Joakim Agren+28 January 2004 - 19:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joakim Agren @ 28 January 2004 - 19:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Azzz@28 January 2004 - 21:20

(no encoding needed)&nbsp;
    Hello&#33;

Most stationary DVD players cannot play DivX movie files so he need to convert it to either VCD or SVCD which most players support atleast VCD is common&#33;.

K-max check out this page that might give you some clues to see if you are doing something wrong:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/convert#11 [/b][/quote]
    hold on, if you download a movie and burn it using for example Nero 6 it will automatically convert it into a VCD therefore making the job a lot easier

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Azzz+28 January 2004 - 20:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 28 January 2004 - 20:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Joakim Agren@28 January 2004 - 19:33
    <!--QuoteBegin-Azzz
    @28 January 2004 - 21:20

(no encoding needed)

Hello&#33;

hold on, if you download a movie and burn it using for example Nero 6 it will automatically convert it into a VCD therefore making the job a lot easier [/b][/quote]
    I cant do Divx i need to do a VCD. I dont have nero 6 i have nero 5..something. Thanks for everybodys replys so far.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by K&#045;max+28 January 2004 - 20:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (K-max @ 28 January 2004 - 20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Azzz@28 January 2004 - 20:45
    Originally posted by Joakim Agren@28 January 2004 - 19:33
    <!--QuoteBegin-Azzz
    @28 January 2004 - 21:20

(no encoding needed)

Hello&#33;

hold on, if you download a movie and burn it using for example Nero 6 it will automatically convert it into a VCD therefore making the job a lot easier
    I cant do Divx i need to do a VCD. I dont have nero 6 i have nero 5..something. Thanks for everybodys replys so far. [/b][/quote]
    if you burn it straight to a disc using nero 5 it should take around 2 hours depending on the size of the video file.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    muchspl2
    worst advice ever
    don&#39;t encode with nero, he already having quality problems, your asking him to take a step back wards by telling him to let nero do anything besides burning

right what settings are you using for quality, for the very best you should put it on "best quality (slowest) "
    another thing that could cause jumps is bad frames, but should always remove bad frames before FIRST.
    movie fixer here - http://www.tucows.com/preview/323038.html - seems to do the best job
    another tip is to open the movie in g-spot and check the frame rate and make sure its the same when you encode it
    hope this helps, a basic how to is here - https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...opic=93421&hl= -

edit: another possibility is a bad codec, make sure your codecs are up to date.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by muchspl2@29 January 2004 - 00:35
    worst advice ever
    don&#39;t encode with nero, he already having quality problems, your asking him to take a step back wards by telling him to let nero do anything besides burning

right what settings are you using for quality, for the very best you should put it on "best quality (slowest) "
    another thing that could cause jumps is bad frames, but should always remove bad frames before FIRST.
    movie fixer here - http://www.tucows.com/preview/323038.html - seems to do the best job
    another tip is to open the movie in g-spot and check the frame rate and make sure its the same when you encode it
    hope this helps, a basic how to is here - https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...opic=93421&hl= -

edit: another possibility is a bad codec, make sure your codecs are up to date.
    Thanks for the advice.

I do encode in the hightest quality(v slow) and i already do sort out bad frames. I still have my suspecions about it be my graphics card on board the motherboard.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast