Thread: Cant Move Files From My Shared File

Any now how to stop this happening.

This happens only sometimes but when file completed downloading i cant move it from MY SHARED FILE a warning message says "another program is using the file, close all other applications" i have closed everything apart from windows, closed K-lite, but it sez the same thing eventually it will let me move it, sometimes a day sometimes a hour.

Anyone know a fix

Cheers

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Out of The Ordinary
    Right click here and save target as. When the file is downloaded right click the file and choose install.

Then move Your file.

BOT

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]@28 January 2004 - 16:42
    Right click here and save target as. When the file is downloaded right click the file and choose install.

Then move Your file.

BOT
    What is this file and what exactly will it do. THX

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    This only happens when you're moving a file that is being uploaded by someone on Kazaa. Just disconnect from kazaa (make sure you've closed My Shared folder,) then you'll be able move the file as you wish. Now I wish someone would answer my question!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by mr00420@28 January 2004 - 18:41
    This only happens when you're moving a file that is being uploaded by someone on Kazaa. Just disconnect from kazaa (make sure you've closed My Shared folder,) then you'll be able move the file as you wish. Now I wish someone would answer my question!
    Yes i have done all that i have closed all applications apart from windows but still the problem?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Old Fella
    Have you tried Bot's suggestion. Other option is to simply restart your computer and then file you should be okay to move.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Cyril@28 January 2004 - 19:26
    Have you tried Bot's suggestion. Other option is to simply restart your computer and then file you should be okay to move.
    No i have not tried BOT's suggestion yet as im not to sure what the file is and what it will do......??

Restarting my pc does not fix it Thanx

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Out of The Ordinary
    Download the file, it's a Windows XP fix for avi files.

BOT

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]@29 January 2004 - 06:58
    Download the file, it's a Windows XP fix for avi files.

BOT
    Done it problem solved THank you very much BOT

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Out of The Ordinary
    Anytime glad it worked

BOT