Thread: Internet Prob

Poster
    everytime i log on to the net (56k), in about 2-3 minutes, i get a window, saying that the RPC has just failed and i HAVE to restart. i have no clue wtf this is or do, but only happens when i log on..

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Poster
    exactly wut is going on now, but i just did a clean install, last night..

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Weedy@28 January 2004 - 15:59
    exactly wut is going on now, but i just did a clean install, last night..
    Do you have an updated anti virus installed? If so, do a full system scan, if not, download/buy one now. Take a look at the removal instructions on the page I linked to.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Yup that sounds like what 4th gen said.

Just to cancel the shutdown when it starts to appear
    Go to
    Start > Run > cmd

type
    shutdown -a
    this will abort the shutdown for the time being. Then follow the instructions on that page.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    and download a good firewall such as sygate or zonealarm.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Poster
    i did the updates, and now everything is super slow.. the firewall gonna take forever on 56k.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Poster
    i just installed zonealarm, and now i keep gettin netbios attacks. i also ran the symantec W32.Blaster.Worm utility and it says the worm is not found. would updating norton antivirus 2003 find it? cause 7mb on 56k..again

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Weedy@28 January 2004 - 18:54
    i just installed zonealarm, and now i keep gettin netbios attacks. i also ran the symantec W32.Blaster.Worm utility and it says the worm is not found. would updating norton antivirus 2003 find it? cause 7mb on 56k..again
    You should always keep your AV definitions updated. It shouldn&#39;t be 7MB for the updates, but even if it is, don&#39;t you think that&#39;s worth the download time?
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.