Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Torrent Links Allowed.

Okay, this may sound strange, but the forum aparently doesn't allow the word "torrent" if it is a part of a link anymore. This is for obvious reasons, nobody wants to get in trouble.

The thing is, I tried to post a link to the TorrentStorm site, one of the many BT clients, and the link within the tags kept getting renamed to "No Torrent Links Please" or something like that.

This hasn't happened before. Has anyone else gotten this problem? Has someone recently posted a direct link to a torrent document?

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Retired
    Posts that contain direct download links to copyrighted software, private ftp sites, serial numbers, warez sites
    I count torrent sites as warez sites

{I}{K}{E}

and yes its a new protection

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    No, it wasn&#39;t a direct link. It was just the site. "torrentstorm.com"

There woudn&#39;t be a work-around for it, right? Ya know, for non-direct links. Curious.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    yeah its like you cant use an Internet explorer link, or any other browser, also, ths may be flmaed at but i think the klite quicklinks are as much torrent-like as, well any torrent, and so i guess junkyardkings list is going to be removed also eh?

U RNT LEET LIKE ME&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;11111111111111

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I hope not. junkyardkings&#39; list is more than decent.

-- Xero Grid --

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Torrent Storm doesnt allow hot-linking directly to there site...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Originally posted by mooseman2070@29 January 2004 - 01:36
    yeah its like you cant use an Internet explorer link, or any other browser, also, ths may be flmaed at but i think the klite quicklinks are as much torrent-like as, well any torrent, and so i guess junkyardkings list is going to be removed also eh?
    Good point.

If you consider them warez sites you better remove that list too IKE...
    "I dare you, I double dare you, you....." B)

Perhaps the mods can agree on a clear rule over that.
    In the meantime please change the wordfilter from non-exact to exact.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    im not saying remove the list, use it a lot, isnt this hipocracy? i dont quite know the exact defenition just too lazy to look up

U RNT LEET LIKE ME&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;11111111111111

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    h1
    The rule might blow, but you have to follow it.

[Test]
    http://www.server.com/file[no torrent links please]

[Edit]
    Pretty useless filter if it just replaces "[no torrent links please]" with that, right?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Useless? It buggers up the links man
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast