Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst Case Mod Ever

http://www.speakeasy.org/~gbeier/worst.cas...ever/index.html

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure G5 is a great computer, but I wanted a Dell for Christmas. I don’t have any programs for Apple and didn’t feel like waiting for them. I thought about selling it, but my parents would be upset with me. After all, this was a very expensive gift and it meant a lot to them to give to me.
    not just a G5. a dual G5. this is just... just... sad. it's akin to gutting a high end BMW so you can put the body on an entry level KIA.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    what an idiot....
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    actually id do the same thing, i fucking hate macs.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Lick My Lovepump
    Hahahahaha!

What a stupid...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Some people's kids.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@28 January 2004 - 22:21
    actually id do the same thing, i fucking hate macs.
    It costs about £2,500 for a dual 2GHz G5...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    i hate macs, but ruining a g5 dual? that like $4000! that guy is an idiot..

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by That Dumbass
    When I showed my friend, who happens to love Apple, he looked sick. He did not say anything to me. He just put his hands on his head and was in shock. I wish I had a picture of that.
    I can understand why...

Anyway, I seen this done before, but the guy that I saw do it actually bought the G5 case only.

EDIT: Look at this....
    It’s a good thing my parents don’t know anything about computers, because I’m sure they would be really angry if they knew what I did. I have to say that I'm happy - I can keep on using XP.

The board is a Biostar Micro ATX, with a 2200 Athlon XP with an Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller and two 36 GB Atlas 10K V hard drives. I am stuck using the onboard video because there is no AGP slot. I had no money for a SATA controller and quite honestly, I swear by SCSI (the G5 comes with SATA drives).

In the future, I want to get an Athlon 64 board and CPU with AGP support for a decent video card.

I use it mostly for Internet, ripping music/DVDs and pissing off my friend.

I put all the parts from the G5 into a box and gave it to my friend. He was rather happy. I think he is going to try to install them into his G3 - I hope he's successful.
    So, he gets a £2,500 monster bastard computer (who the hell cares if its a MAC!?).

He spends about £200 on a crap AMD Thoroughbred setup (no AGP port!? what is this guy on!?), then gives away the excellent parts to his friend.

I want to go to this guy's house, and laugh. Nothing else, just stand there, and laugh.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    h1
    People like this will be the doom of civilization.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    maybe i'm just crazy... but sort of like when i receive a shirt that doesn't quite fit, my first reaction (though i wouldn't mind having a dual G5) would be to just tell my parents that i appreciate their effort, but i'd rather return it to the shop, pick out a computer on my own, and give them back whatever money's leftover (which would prolly be a lot). would that just make too much sense?

although... if i ever asked my family to buy me an expensive computer of any sort, they woulda told me i'm out of my friggin' mind.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast