Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad Understanding Of Spam By Some

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Quit Advertising

I dont want to go to your site or ya friends site for that matter. And you damn sure dont pay whoevers in charge of running this server anything so you know your wrong for even tryin.

Go here and call it a day pal http://freeadvertising.com/ because its over, done, rifinito, finished, and there is no need to waste thread regarding the matter.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    I think internet.news does have a point on this. His website is non-commercial.

Yet in the General Filesharing Talk section on this forum, AnonxO have been allowed to spam about their commercial (paid-for) proxy server for the last 3 months now, and they have never been told off.
    Why is this?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@29 January 2004 - 07:34
    I think internet.news does have a point on this.  His website is non-commercial.

Yet in the General Filesharing Talk section on this forum, AnonxO have been allowed to spam about their commercial (paid-for) proxy server for the last 3 months now, and they have never been told off.
    Why is this?
    Being able to have a link in your sig should be enough. What about the people that dont care to see links to your site posted all over the forum. If I wanted advertisements I would turn my pop up blocker off and surf instead of coming to the forum.

What are pm's for? Here's a thought. Gather a list of all your buddies and/or people you know on the board and send them a private message with a link to your site

As for it being commercial or non-commercial it really doesnt matter because anytime someone clicks a link to your site they are generating traffic and traffic generates revenue. Either way I dont want a part of it. Sigs are there for a reason, for you to express yourself and if advertising or promoting your site is the way you do that then what better way than to just add it in your sig.

That way people like me who could care less can just turn the sigs off here https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=04

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    But you didn't answer my question - why have AnonxO been allowed to consistently spam the board (General Filesharing Talk) over the past couple of months or so, and not get told off about it? They didn't do it in their sig, they actually did it on the main posts.

Surely the rules should apply to everyone, or there's no point in having them at all.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I am in no position to answer that.

I suggest you pm a mod if you wish to further your inquiry.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@29 January 2004 - 13:34
    I think internet.news does have a point on this.  His website is non-commercial.

Why is this?
    I'll have a look into this cause it doesn't sound right. AnonxO asked me if it is acceptable to "answer user's questions" and I said it's ok to answer as long as it is no direct advertising.

I'll post a note on our team chat and thank you for bringing this issue up.

Marc

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    I'll answer it....

I reviewed your comments and found that they have not advertised as you say. In fact I do see that they have been received well by many members here and have a connection with each other. Yes many posts have been made in relation about the site: questions, suggestions, reported problems, updates, add-ons, changes, etc....but not directly related to "come to us, try us, check us out, etc" as in one post (Dec 03) made by them.

on another point:
    I agree with KrackHead, I would have not had an issue with allowing a introduction to a "my website" post. Anything beyond an initial introduction would have been dealt with accordingly, therefore we ask to place within the signature for reference.

I'm not one to ignore PM's as one has mentioned MOD's do. So if you have a Q, PM me, I'll answer if I am online, can't reply if I'm off now can I?

*Appears 7th posted prior to me
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    BANNED
    wow im sorry i came late to this thread

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    internet.news
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@29 January 2004 - 05:18
    I actually have no problem with you posting a link to your website/forum internet.news. But in Ike's decision, your post was spam. Now if you have a problem with his decision, PM him and talk about it. Why do people insist on making these kind of things public? If you have a problem with a member/mod, PM him, don't start threads like this.
    I never want to judge, maybe it was wrong to make this public.

I never want to judge about anyone or personaly attack someone as I don't have the right, too.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    LOL, that AnonxO stuff is in direct response to members questions about their product. We asked, he answered.

The only other posts were to let us know about new ip's so we could update and be safe. He can't very well do that any other way as it is anonymous.

I haven't seen the other post for internet news, but I belive the biggest problem is probably your history for writing pointless posts. That is most likely what caused the concern. But as far as I know, that has kinda went away for the most part.

Glad people are checking out your site. Good luck on this one

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast