Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Sick Of R&b

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    R&B = Rythm and Blues, which last time I checked does not include rap.

I won&#39;t comment on the rest of this, I&#39;ve spent hours debating this on the forum already.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. Music   -   #12
    In the end the top 40 is the top 40. IT&#39;S WHAT PEOPLE BUY&#33; Yes there may be a lot of artists in it that you may think are not talented or "crap". But if people were buying rock and metal in the same volume as pop and others then it would be in the top 40. So it&#39;s obviously either not as popular, rock fans are cheap/poor or the majority of pirates are rock lovers (you decide).
    By the way before anyone takes this post the wrong way i&#39;d just like to say that i love both rap and rock, classical, pop ect... There are talented and non-talented people in all genre&#39;s; it&#39;s all a matter of opinion&#33; B)

3. Music   -   #13
    can we just have a separate section for white kids to spam about how much they hate negro music?

4. Music   -   #14
    Gee. This may not have been racially motivated earlier, but it sure seems like it is now. "White Kids?" That&#39;s not very nice. Since when do music preferences revolve around race? And you assume that everyone posting here so far is white? And you assume that all, as you put it, "negro" people like R&B?

Can&#39;t we have a separate forum for people to make racially motivated statements?
    No, we can&#39;t. And we won&#39;t. And there isn&#39;t one, which should tell you something. It&#39;s considered socially immature. So, feel free to make a forum to perpetualize racial stereotypes and misunderstanding in.

Because this IS NOT that forum.

5. Music   -   #15
    people hated jazz in the 1920s, people hated rock n roll in the 1950s, and people are hating rap now. rationalize it. it&#39;s all a big coincidence. people who start "i hate rap/r&b" threads are prolly not white guys who listen to primarily white musicians, and it has absolutely nothing to do with a disdain for those who are different from themselves. i&#39;m sure they&#39;re planning to take equal time to express their hatred of all the other genres that are not rock, and this obsession with slagging off not just a whole genre but a whole culture is completely reasonable.

i&#39;m the bad guy. i want to perpetualize stereotypes and misunderstanding. guys with avatars featuring radiohead or other rock bands are trying to promote a harmonious atmosphere by starting up "i hate r&b" or "i hate rap" threads. they&#39;re so well meaning and so innocent, and here i go dragging the discussion into the politically incorrect mud by daring to point out the obvious. think about that next time you&#39;re reading a thread in musicworld where somebody is making fun of phrases like "bling bling" because it isn&#39;t proper english, and tell yourself it&#39;s got nothing to do with race. tell yourself that the old line "it&#39;s just a bunch of noise created by people who don&#39;t know how to play proper music or speak properly" is just coincidentally applied over & over again to every music genre that black people invent.

"This may not have been racially motivated earlier." like hell it wasn&#39;t. you&#39;re trying to bestow legitimacy upon a discussion that was never legitimate to begin with.

6. Music   -   #16
    I get it. Somebody else doing something negative justifies you doing it too--even when you don&#39;t like it, and it&#39;s generally negative for society.

I don&#39;t hate R&B, but I respect the right of other people to. Same way I know most people "hate" the music I listen to. But I really couldn&#39;t care less.

7. Music   -   #17
    TRshady
    I wonder why its always rock lovers who start putting rap down? ...

If you dislike rap/hip hop/R&B ... then dont listen to it, moan about it, or go places where its being played. Pisses me off to see people having ago, when at most times I find there music shit, just stick to what you like best and refrain the tempting though of dissing other genres. I think its pathetic ..... people have opinions, calling a genre shit is exactly that.... opinion, theres no facts, so do whats best, shut the fuck up and stick to what you do best.

Now it seems this way, that kid1a wanted this kind of reaction
    Seems a man of action, I thinks he needs a lesson in interaction
    mind under construction?
    It seems so, coz you gotta have close to nothing to stoop that low,
    suppose it goes to show, whos wanted round here and whos not ...
    Damn, Ill have more use from a bowl of steaming snot,
    you deserve to be shot, tied in a knot and left to rot,
    waiting for the day you notice that red dot placed to your fore head,
    im not the peace maker here to hand out breed, im the man pumping lead from overhead .....

lmao ..... 2 minute freestyle for ya .....

Edit: typo&#39;s ... (drunk keyboard )

8. Music   -   #18
    god-of-rock's Avatar God of Rock
    Originally posted by johnq86@29 January 2004 - 05:24
    all of you need to shut the hell up&#33;you think its crap because you live in fancy houses and don&#39;t come from urban areas or the "hood" this type of music and rap is way better than your shitty ass rock&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    First of all you need to read your rock & roll history again...

Anyways, as I&#39;ve said b4 I don&#39;t really care much about rap and top40... however I like a lot of R & B (as in the "old term" rythm and blues)....

Top40 really gets to my nerves, but what is weird about it, even though "everyone" says it&#39;s crap it still sells enough to get on the lists.... my question is: who the hell is buying this shit?

Maybe the answer is that people that likes "good" music has brains and therefore is not buying music, just downloading off SoulSeek, and then the rest; the idiots, goes out and BUYS the latest Britney single....?

9. Music   -   #19
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    In America the rap and R&B that normally does well is club music (dance).
    It has a certain sound to it.

I personally like old school better. Some current R&B is still good though like R Kelly and Jodeci (I&#39;d never buy R Kelly&#39;s albums though, the pedophile).
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Music   -   #20
    Poster
    I&#39;m mostly into Hard rock and Techno and i dispise a good precentage of todays rap. why u ask? well it&#39;s a commercially motivated over-rated peice of shit. dont get me wrong. i dont hate all rap. i like Outkast, Eminem, N.E.R.D, Meastro, and all that old school stuff (such as Run DMC). u know rappers with talent and originality. not those fags who feed off others and call themselves "gangstas". the stuff that&#39;s making the charts is pure horse shit (stuff like Chingy, 50 Cent, and bunch of other retards who all sound the same and act the same for that matter). and dont feed me shit about hating on these ppl because im some rock loving white boy. most of the bands i like have rappers as their lead singers. Rage Against the Machine (Zach De La Rocha is funk,rap, and rock inspired vocalist), P.O.D (thats right the lead singer is a rapper aswell), Linken Park (u ever heard the 2nd lead singer? all his stuff in their songs is rap). not only that but most of the music I like isn&#39;t even rock. its mostly underground type, unpopular shit. no its not underground because its not good. its underground because its real music. there isnt much music which is mainstream and good. that is very rare. all these pop and rap stars which are so "popular" don&#39;t write their own songs, don&#39;t play their own instruments and sing about the dumbest shit you&#39;ll ever hear. music that&#39;s not important or has any substance. you think these ppl are gonna be rememberd in ten years? maybe. but for all the wrong reasons. and certainly won&#39;t be praised for contributing to the music industry.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast