Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avatar Problems

Originally posted by TRshady@2 March 2003 - 17:43
    I cant get any pic for my avatar!     
    Its so annoying, I really want an eminem picture but none are jpegs. Why cant shtml or html extensions be used and why was the upload feature removed, that was so easy to use. Some one help out please, I hate my avatar, but dnt want none,
    OOOoooohh ... I'm with you TR, I just couldnt "get it" no matter what I tried.. either the url's were too long..or the image formatting was wrong. I had just resigned myself to the fact that I would forever remain "avatarless"! .. and then, I read your thread last night with all the very helpful information from DataMore and The Great Dude, and decided to give it "another go".. wallah ! B) I have to agree with you.. "It's simple.. IF you know exactly what you're doing" I should of just took Shinigami up on his offer to host my image.. way back when, and saved myself alot of grief, however,being a "newbie" at the time... Thanks go to all that made this avatar possible. BTW: nice avatar TR !

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    TRshady
    I had more problems today when my avatar stopped working, checked my hosting site and I had used my daily bandwidth. I thought nooooo!!!
    But then realised thats coz my avatar woz 99kb, so using datamore'sŪ
    advice made my picture smaller to 1kb and no problems. Just dont view it to much.

Moral: make sure your avatar is small if your using a free hosting site like villagephotos.com

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Originally posted by TRshady@3 March 2003 - 15:06
    I had more problems today when my avatar stopped working, checked my hosting site and I had used my daily bandwidth. I thought nooooo!!!
    But then realised thats coz my avatar woz 99kb, so using datamore'sŪ
    advice made my picture smaller to 1kb and no problems. Just dont view it to much.

Moral: make sure your avatar is small if your using a free hosting site like villagephotos.com
    Yup.. I see what you're saying.. my avatar just stopped working also.. mine is also hosted by villagephotos.com I guess I'll just have to live with it.. for now.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    TRshady
    If you want a gif avatar of any thing you want, talk to dwightfry, he has just made me an excellent one, your'll see it soon. (im glad the smile back)

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Adobe Photoshop is also good at designing stuff besides Paint Shop Pro.

This smile maybe back, but...

:-) :-) :-) :-) is still here.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    TRshady
    Like my avatar?

Special thanks to dwightfry

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    i never realized their was a bandwith limit per day

Thats means all of us that use it have been having our Avatars disappearing?

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    TRshady
    as long as your avatar is under 5k you wont have a problem.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Originally posted by RPerry@3 March 2003 - 13:45
    i never realized their was a bandwith limit per day

Thats means all of us that use it have been having our Avatars disappearing?
    You're not even using village photos, so nothing to worry about.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    WoW, I missed all of this avatar stuff while I was at school... yay! didn't have to help hahahaha.. jk jk
    I can still host avatars if anyone wants to. I'm currently hosting Chilly's and saw no comlpaints from him

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast