Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disapearing Downloads

Hi
    I have recently moved up to XP. I save the shared folder with all partial and new downloads in to a cdrw, reloade kazaa lite then transferred all the d/loads back.

I have accessed K Lite a couple of times since and when the files are complete they seem to disappear!!

Any ideas anyone?

Do I need a patch for XP

Ken

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    you need to put the shared folder in the exact place it was before or change path in the dat files with k-dat go here to learn how

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Hi Mate
    Thanx for the prompt reply

I'll try your link and get back later

Ken

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    np boss, you can read the faq for more details

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    you need to try it right now before it disappears(the link that is)

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Hi Muselman

I checked the path off all dat's and found that they wereoriginall in c:\programs\kazaalite\shared folder. Have relocated the folder to the original as I had shoved it in a partion. Hopefully this will do the trick. Will keep ya posted.

Cheers

ken

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    if you put a folder named my shared folder in that exact path you will see the files.

or you can just change thier path to the new shared folder

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Hi Muselman

Update from last night. Finished a download (MP3), couldn't find it in the sgared folder. Before I ranted I checked the file size, opened the shared folder and found a file similar in size, double clicked and the track burst forth on Media Player, saved the file from there! Any ideas as to why the track failed to change from a dat file to an mp3??

Ken

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    if the path is different that would be one, another common one is sometimes when we use a program to preview a file, even tho we are done and close the program, that program is still using that file without us knowing, and that also can stop it from changing, with those normally if you reboot pc it should take care of it,

you can always rename the file to what it should be like flag.mpe or hulk.avi

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Hi

The PC has been rebooted but still says .dat file type, tried to rename it but can't seem to change extension.

path for shared folder is as original was, silly glitch, will try different things and post bak

Ken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast