Thread: Download Speeds...?

Poster

Well, since I went to Resurrection, which is a good version, I know...anyway, my speeds have dropped from over 100kbs to like .09 at times...What gives? :helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by slaverunner_2002@29 January 2004 - 09:49

Well, since I went to Resurrection, which is a good version, I know...anyway, my speeds have dropped from over 100kbs to like .09 at times...What gives? :helpsmile:
    your speeds have nothing to do with your version and everything to do with your sources

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    So?...suggestions?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Old Fella
    Well, when you have lack of sources you need to be patient, serach more, have accelerators running, and jump supernodes.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Also, if your connection is considered 'firewalled' by KLR then average download speeds will be bad.

You're 'firewalled' in KLR if you're behind a router, running a software firewall that's inproperly configured, or your ISP is doing (partial?) blocking of KL++'s ip port 1214.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Well, that may be the problem. You see, Charter.net, my provider, is among those ISP's being sued by the RIAA, so they may have me "partially" blocked. So I suppose I am f**ked...thank you, RIAA, again.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by slaverunner_2002@31 January 2004 - 08:44
    Well, that may be the problem. You see, Charter.net, my provider, is among those ISP's being sued by the RIAA, so they may have me "partially" blocked.
    You may be able to avoid this blocking (if it exists) by changing the ip port KL++ uses.

Are BOTH your uploads and downloads very slow?
    If your UPLOADS aren't slow, then the problem's almost certainly not because your ISP is blocking you.