Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cult Movies

Originally posted by Ron@4 March 2003 - 00:08
    Not my cup of tea, but I'm surprised nobody mentioned Rocky Horror's Picture Show here....
    I just did...

Absolutely classic.

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Ok...Ok...you want a good real 'cult' film? Than look no further than Pink Flamingos. The crown jewel of all John Waters gross out films. I mean for those who havent seen it, if you cant handle a transvestite eating dog poo...than Id advise not watching it.

Edit: I forgot three other great cult films: Pi, Cube, and Requiem for a Dream.

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    Originally posted by Fletch@above
    The Blues Brothers, Tromeo and Juliet, The Toxic Avenger, Eraserhead and recently Irreversible (very intense film - about one third of the people walked out of the cinema during the showing).
    Gotta love Troma!! hahaha

Some more of my favs:

Donnie Darko
    Boondock Saints
    Snatch
    Requiem For a Dream (cult movie? I think it is, considering the the director's previous movie, "Pi.")
    Eraser Head
    The Big Lebowski (Perhaps one of the Coen Brothers lesser known titles)
    The Little Shop of Horrors
    Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (Though it did actually do well in the box office, I would consider this title to be a cult classic.)

oh, and of course, I mentioned earlier "A Clockwork Orange."

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    Originally posted by thegroggman@16 May 2003 - 22:25
    Ok...Ok...you want a good real 'cult' film? Than look no further than Pink Flamingos. The crown jewel of all John Waters gross out films. I mean for those who havent seen it, if you cant handle a transvestite eating dog poo...than Id advise not watching it.
    John Waters?

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    Yup John Waters. The undisputed king of filth. His films are definitely not for everyone, actually...I really dont know who they are for. The're way out there. All though he did go more mainstream in the 90's with films like Serial Mom and Pecker.

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    omfg

I liked Cry Baby. I had no idea that he had done movies like that though.

I'm still trying to get over the review of the movie.

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    Yes indeedy, ol John has come a long way from Pink Flamingos.
    You talking about the Traci Lords thing?

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    Originally posted by thegroggman@17 May 2003 - 00:16
    Yes indeedy, ol John has come a long way from Pink Flamingos.
    You talking about the Traci Lords thing?
    Traci Lords thing?

I was talking about the user comment under the description of "Pink Flamingos."

"What can you say about Pink Flamingos other than that it's some pretty sick crap. If you are not easily offended this will probably test and break your limits. The real life dog excrement dinig scene at the end isn't half as offensive as the man who ties various meat to his penis. There's enough close up shots of penis to make any hetrosexual man squirm. And the female nudity is nothing to look at either. The man who flex his a**hole muscle is beyond strange. And can you say sex with a chicken. Yes a live chicken. This movie goes great with Meet The Feebles for an evening of trying to get rid of that annoying somebody forever. If you can watch this movie and come out not shocked you've just about seen it all. Give it a 6 out of ten. "

9. Movies & TV   -   #49
    Oh i c. I thought by movie review, you meant the one for Cry Baby. But yeah youre right, Pink Flamingos is extrmely disturbing. And what the guy wrote there isnt the worst of it. Divine aka "The Most Beautiful Woman in the World" (not my personal thoughts, thats just what she was called) who is also a man in drag by the way...eats...real dog poop. No joke, for the end of the film to make herself seem like the grossest person (and to make it look realistic) she ate real dog poop. Not some fake mixture made to look like it, she ate...a pile of crap. If that doesnt gross you out I dont know what will

10. Movies & TV   -   #50
    Originally posted by thegroggman@17 May 2003 - 00:25
    Oh i c. I thought by movie review, you meant the one for Cry Baby. But yeah youre right, Pink Flamingos is extrmely disturbing. And what the guy wrote there isnt the worst of it. Divine aka "The Most Beautiful Woman in the World" (not my personal thoughts, thats just what she was called) who is also a man in drag by the way...eats...real dog poop. No joke, for the end of the film to make herself seem like the grossest person (and to make it look realistic) she ate real dog poop. Not some fake mixture made to look like it, she ate...a pile of crap. If that doesnt gross you out I dont know what will 
    Who knows?

Maybe with a little mustard and cheddar cheese...

On second thought... :x

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast