Thread: Mpeg 2 Dvd

how do a convert a mpeg file so i can burn it to a dvd so it will play on my dvd player? :helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Ask in Movieworld.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Let's say u have an avi file. Here is how u can make a dvd that u can play on your external dvd player.
    1. convert the avi to mpeg 2, NTSC for USA, PAL for Europe.
    The thing is that u can run into a lot of small problems like:
    --picture of the mpeg is bouncing up and down:
    -solution: open the avi file with virtual dub 1.5 and convert the file to a 29.97fps. Don't reencode ! Just select direct stream copy for video and sound and set the frame rate to 29.97.
    --avi file has errors
    -solution: use "AVI FIXER". I don't have to say what this tool does.
    --aspect ratio problems
    -solution: the best mpeg encoder for handling aspect ratios I think is TMPGENC 2.5

2. Once you have an mpeg file that has a size of about 4.2Gb you can use TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR to make the actual DVD files and even nice menu's !

3. once u have the dvd files saved on HDD go to nero, select DVD-VIDEO as a new compilation and drag the files from TS_VIDEO (from HDD) the the coresponding folder of the DVD compilation. Burn the DVD !

4. Enjoy the movie ! B)

P.S.: I burn the DVD-s on DVD-RW or DVD+RW because I keep the original divx/xvid files on the HDD. I have a PANASONIC HT700 home theater system. Sobwoofer power is 200W !

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Old Fella
    If you don't have a DVD burner, just CD then check out the KVCD Guide in my sig below.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    muchspl2
    I sold those systems awhile back, its a alright setup but wait till you get a real system with a real powered sub
    IIRC it powers the sub through the amp, so its like a 6 channel amp, and it had weird ohm load also
    I have a powered sub but I don't need it, only use it every once in awhile
    cerwin vega 12' for the front and rear surround provide plenty of bass

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Old Fella
    @Muchspl - want to thank you for introducing me to KVCD. Does a great job.
    And what the heck do those numbers mean below your avatar?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    1. convert the avi to mpeg 2, NTSC for USA, PAL for Europe.
    The thing is that u can run into a lot of small problems like:
    --picture of the mpeg is bouncing up and down:
    Probably y u do get problems.Keep the it the same as the source then u wont.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    CK-UK

That's the thing with DVD2SVCD. If I keep 24fps like the original avi the resulting mpeg will bounce up and down. If I change it to 29.97 abd then I convert to Mpeg it wont bounce anymore and the quality is the same !
    Been there, done that B)
    With TMPGENC there is no need to change the fps, only in DVD2SVCD !

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Sorry guys.

Wrong advice.
    So: I convert the avi to mpeg 2 using dvd2svcd. I get a bouncy picture in the resulting mpeg file. It's bouncy when I play it with Mplayer, DIVXPlayer.
    Here is the strange part. The same bouncy mpeg 2 when I convert it with TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR to DVD format (vob, VIDEO_TS), I get a perfect DVD without any bouncing of the picture ! Cool right ?