View Poll Results: What Operating System Do you think "Bill Gates" Uses ?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft 3.11/Windows 95

4 5.33%
  • Windows 98se/Windows Me

0 0%
  • Windows 2000/Windows Xp

26 34.67%
  • Lindows

2 2.67%
  • Mac osx

10 13.33%
  • Linux

10 13.33%
  • Longhorn Beta

12 16.00%
  • Does not use a computer

11 14.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What Operating System Do You Think...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Bump.......................How you like that!!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    in 1998, Barbara Walters interviewed Bill Gates for 20/20. one of the things he talked about was the technology in his uber-computerized mansion. i can't find a transcript, so here's a coupla quotes from the Seattle Times' article about that interview:

The first night in his new house, Gates told Walters, he watched a big-screen TV that pops up out of a console in his bedroom. But things went awry when he tried to go to sleep.

"He couldn't get it to go down, he couldn't get it to turn off, so he just put a big blanket over the thing," she said. Gates has joked that everything from light switches to music speakers goes on and off unexpectedly in the house, which is run by a high-end PC network built on Microsoft's Windows NT system.

Gates also talks about his plans to give away his fortune and what it feels like to be called "evil" and "the devil." He takes Walters for a ride in a Ford Explorer equipped with AutoPC, a new navigation and communication device for vehicles that features Microsoft's Windows CE system.
    so... Bill Gates' mansion runs Windows NT. and his truck runs Windows CE.

i also saw a few claims on the 'net, that he bought an iMac for his mother 'cause he thought it'd be easier for her to use. and some other claims that he has a Mac in his own office. that's not a totally crazy idea though, since MS are not a PC manufacturer-- their fate doesn't depend on the x86 platform, and they do publish Mac software. heck, you can even run Windows on an Apple comp with VirtualPC (which is owned now by... um... Microsoft).

he definitely uses Windows, and prolly at least has some experience with Unix, Linux and MacOS.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Lol, that was in 98, it's 2004.

He's probably got a supercomputer now

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Poster
    Debian or Gentoo

I bet he is a smart guy (evil, not doubt, but he is the ceo of a major computer industry company), why would he use an os designed for ease of use when he could have an os designed for stability and security?!

But if he has a supercomputer he probably uses unix or whatever super puters run on

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Oddly no one voted for Windows Me............as of yet it has 0 votes

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by shn@15 February 2004 - 01:02
    Oddly no one voted for Windows Me............as of yet it has 0 votes
    I wonder why
    Robert00000

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    I GUARANTEE HE USES DOS!!! LOL LONG LIVE DOS THE GREATEST OS THERE IS! i miss dos

seriously tho, i doubt he uses a computer very often and when he does its probably just 2 work on the next windows, other then that, he pays some1 to do his net surfing and sshit like that, gates doesnt need 2 deal w/ the bullshit he created like windows crashing and unknown errors u cant fix, he go crazy if he had 2 deal w/ that shit and nvr make another microsoft program again. i vote 4 longhorn beta
    tYiA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234