Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Desitorresnts.com

Shoot Shoot!
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    u missed. take this and this
    if u gonna shoot me again try this 4 a target and then come sit on this .

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Boy, looks like that went right on the target as it fired your a&#036;&#036; in one blow
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    i guess thats why im still here

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    What are desi movies? :helpsmile:

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    What does "desi" mean? It is a broad term that encompasses all people of Indian descent without excluding countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc. (Upcoming Movies, The Chronicle of Higher Education)

i hope that helps.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    sorry dude seems like ur way off course. desi is basically another word for punjabi people or people that come from the province of punjab in india.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Originally posted by johnnytightlips2@24 March 2004 - 17:10
    sorry dude seems like ur way off course. desi is basically another word for punjabi people or people that come from the province of punjab in india.
    No its not. If you want the history then here it is.

&#39;Desi&#39; word was derived from the language &#39;Sanskrit.&#39; It meant people belonging to &#39;Desh&#39; a place, or a country. The word then was quickly used in the language hindi, bengali etc.

Desi at one time was more common for calling as Indians as a whole not punjabi etc., it was never.

Since the 80&#39;s the word &#39;Desi&#39; became more popular and is used for someone whose family roots belong to the Indian sub-continent, particularly the countries mentioned by KLResurrectionUser.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED
    i guess it&#39;s some guy here to promote his torrent site

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    i understand that but im from sri lanka and im sure nobody calls me that and im pretty sure about my description because i go to school in a area which is populated by desi or punjabi people but i dont want to argue over this so ill stop responding after this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast