Thread: Dos Question

BANNED
    Is there any way that whenever I go into DOS (by running cmd or command), it takes me to a different folder rather than C:\docs and settings\user?

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Yeah. There's a registry patch you can make.

Open a text file and input this:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmd]
    @="Command Prompt Here"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmd\command]
    @="cmd.exe /k \"cd %L\""

Then, rename it to a .REG file and merge it into the registry. What this will allow you to do is whenever you right-click on a folder, you cna open a command prompt window in the folder.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    cool

You hath come again for me

Ok, since we are at it, may I ask another question? Bleh there it goes

Is there a way to make the DOS bash faster? Like linux bash? I&#39;m a fast typer and I hate waiting lol

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    No prob.

Hmmm.. the command prompt seems fast when I use it. Do you mean creating DOS batch files ".bat" (like bash shell files ".sh" files), or just using the command prompt? Because to make the CMD prompt faster, I&#39;m not sure about that, but I do know a way to have the bash shell on windows.

With Cygwin, you can use lots of linux utilities on windows, for a familiar look and feel.

If it&#39;s somethign else, then maybe you should be more specific.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.