Thread: Aimutation

Poster
    A friend of mine sent me a link to AIMutation.
    It provides all the funcationality that DeadAIM does only this program is free. I thought I would bring it to everyone's attention. I've scanned with Ad-aware and Spybot S&D and everything is clean on it.

I see several advantages to using this over DeadAIM.
    First off, it's free, I'm sure we all could arrange for DeadAIM to be free but this requires no extra effort. It also has the ability for plug-ins which may be frivolous but they have things to have a "Buddy-AMP" and something that allows access to AOL's different smiley faces. It also makes AIM skinnable. It also has the option of logging in real time. DeadAIM logs are not compatible with this.

Thought I'd share this.

-Schuler

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Thanks, this program is great, I was using an old free version of DeadAIM, but this has more options.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    thanks a ton.. i just this and its way better than DeadAim! thanks a lot! B)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    It's cool that there is a free alternativ to deadAIM, but I stopped using that a while ago. I fond that Trillian does that and more, but the common user doesn't really "need" Trillian unless you use multiple IM clients, since it's an all-in-one client.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    deadaim is free o

i thought aimunation you had to pay for tho?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    The owners (em and jier) left. The program is currently free and will be open-source. Yes, you heard me open-source.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@30 January 2004 - 19:32
    deadaim is free o
    I was about to say that.