Thread: Help!

My homepage has been locked somehow to www.msn.com. When I open up my internet options in internet explorer, it shows that the homepage text can not be altered. I've tried going into the internet options through the controle panel, only to end up with the same results. Is there something on my computer stopping me from being able to change my hompepage, or is there a button I have forgotten to click?
    Please, I don't want msn.com for a homepage anymore...help me..haha

peace
    triptonight

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    Software problem

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Is this your own computer? Do you have administrator privileges on this? or a school computer?

The admin might have taken the privileges from you to change the homepage. Otherwise it shouldnt do that.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by I.am@30 January 2004 - 21:09
    Is this your own computer? Do you have administrator privileges on this? or a school computer?

The admin might have taken the privileges from you to change the homepage. Otherwise it shouldnt do that.
    a school computer or an admin has locked it

NOT a software error.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    I&#39;ve seen this once before. It turned out to be a setting in Spybot, Search & Destroy.

If you use spybot, check the setting by clicking "Immunize" and near the bottom is a check box for "lock IE start page ...."

JG427

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    No, this is my personal computer that i have in my room at home. Piss me off. I don&#39;t even like msn.com... Anyways any ideas would be appreciated.

thanx
    triptonight

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I used to have spybot search and destroy on my computer, but I since then have taken it off, because it stopped working. It would say that it installed, but then when i would go to launch it, the window will not open, and then i would have to shut it down using the windows task manager. I just tried to install it like five minutes ago, and the same thing happened. Is there a way to tell if there are still components of the spybot program left on your comeputer(registry etc) because thats what may be buggering up my shit, and leaving my homepage locked(which may have been done through spybot),
    thanx
    triptonight

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    FST Retiree
    IE Restrictions (Freeware)

you can use this to remove the restriction.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    thank-you, thats wicked. I was wondering if there was such a program

peace
    triptonight