Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ps2 Vs Old Ps2

i have a ps2 from about 1 and half years ago. I just heard that there was newer version of ps2 with updated dvd player or something. could someone please tell me the differcene and should i return the old ps2 and get the new one as i still have the warrenty.

2. Games   -   #2
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    The new silver PS2 will play VCDs and recordable DVDs. Only as video though, you'll still need a mod chip to play downloaded games. It also has a MUCH quieter fan, and integrated infra-red for a remote.

It's a different product to the original PS2 though, with a different price, so I'm not sure you would get one your warranty.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    if your original one is still working fine I wouldn't bother. Th fan is 75% quiter and it has more DVD functions, plus a built in infa-red receiver so you can use the DVD remote without plugging it in the one I have it silver but you can get it in black too.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Skillian@31 January 2004 - 00:16
    The new silver PS2 will play VCDs and recordable DVDs. Only as video though, you'll still need a mod chip to play downloaded games. It also has a MUCH quieter fan, and integrated infra-red for a remote.

It's a different product to the original PS2 though, with a different price, so I'm not sure you would get one your warranty.
    Ooops you posted before me. Anyway I don't think it plays VCD, I haven't tried yet but I don't think so.

5. Games   -   #5
    Originally posted by xbballplaya223x@30 January 2004 - 23:03
    i have a ps2 from about 1 and half years ago. I just heard that there was newer version of ps2 with updated dvd player or something. could someone please tell me the differcene and should i return the old ps2 and get the new one as i still have the warrenty.
    if you can return it id go for it your ps2's laser is probley defaulted and will die sooner or later.. so go return it get the new version and everything is all good

6. Games   -   #6
    allanwlls
    i think the ppl replying to your post are getting confused,there is a new ps2 out with recordable dvd etc,but never normal ps2's do have different dvd software as sony changed it to fix the sound sync problem

7. Games   -   #7
    some ps2's will play dvd-r movies... a friend made a copy of scarface and BAM it worked

8. Games   -   #8
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    He could be talking about the PSX...

9. Games   -   #9
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Sound sync problem? No wonder price of persia 2 was soo damn quite sometimes while it was too loud others. Daz Ghzzzay.

10. Games   -   #10
    cockboy's Avatar Poster
    About the dvdr copies playing, i was able to get a avi of finding nemo and convert it into a dvd with neoDVDplus5, then burned it too dvd with nero.
    It worked fine, even though the ps2 was from July last year or there abouts, it was a silver one though, dont know what version.
    Not too sure about vcd's, would be nice, save converting, which takes 3-4 hours at least.
    D2D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast