Thread: Good Idea?

What if instead of buying mp3's each time we download or whatever if the isp's just upped the payment bill if you use p2p sharing stuff . Like 10 more dollars that should be well enuth money for everyone.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by ax_synthesized@31 January 2004 - 03:19
    What if instead of buying mp3's each time we download or whatever if the isp's just upped the payment bill if you use p2p sharing stuff . Like 10 more dollars that should be well enuth money for everyone.
    Not a good idea. Everyone would be fighting over who should get a bigger piece of the pie. I don't think the pie would be big enough in their eyes to satisfy what they think they deserve.

Some people are too poor to buy music so I can understand why they like to download mp3's for free. But if you have money and are well off, its the right thing to support the artist by purchasing their music.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    The RIAA (and other Organizations) would never agree to this.. :confused:

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Trying to do just that in Canada it failed badly courts ruled against it

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Well we need to let them know its either our way or .. our way consumer is allways right. Hell my self i think its a wonderful ideal better then going threw the hassle of paying for each mp3. And yea i support the artists but im in a real remote area where i cant get the stuff i want