Thread: Pepsi Video To Combat Piracy

TRshady
    Verified

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by TRshady@2 February 2004 - 10:56
    Verified
    LOL AGREED!

Hey did you see the bottle cap with the 'One Free Song' note inside... In the time it would take to go to the store and buy a bottle of Pepsi, I could have downloaded multiple mp3's.

"And I'm still going to download my music for free"

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    I remember on the news a while ago, they were talking about kazaa and were saying that you can download free music from their and is illegal.
    Now I don't know if they still do or not but Ntl in the UK have there own channel to try and sell and explain to people what its all about (Ntl).At one point they say something like
    "And you can download music too off the internet with programs like KaZaa for free"
    Now this is my Isp saying "Get on with it we don't care" or are they hmm.

Oh and one of the things they do (or did) is show you the differance in speed downloading between 56k and 1meg and guess what yes you got it KaZaa is the test platform for the speed test and its an Mp3 at that.
    I wonder if Ntl as any shares in KaZaa!!!

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Hey I use NTL, but their 1GB download limit a day is driving me slowly nuts!!

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Poster
    Pepsi aren't making any comment on music piracy. Rather, they are promoting their product by taking advantage of the massive publicity surrounding P2P music piracy, the kids who were prosecuted, and also the popularity of iTunes.

Pepsi would never alienate themselves from there consumers by passing judgment on them. Having said that, the fact that you all seem to be unsure where they are coming from suggests that this soft drink manufacturer may have f*cked up somewhat.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Poster
    is my sig readable?
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J'Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    Hey I use NTL, but their 1GB download limit a day is driving me slowly nuts&#33;&#33;
    I talked to a guy at the tech department about this before I went to 1 meg,after an hour he phoned me back(was shocked) anyway what he said was besides what was published last March NOTHING had been confirmed yet.
    So I asked what with a faster upload etc I could easily hit this per day and the reply was, yeah I understand what you mean on p2p etc I use it too (nice I thought) but just use your noggin (head for them that don&#39;t know) and the limit isn&#39;t one gig a day its more than over a period of three days every day,hmm I thought.
    He went on to say the problem really isn&#39;t the 1 gig its if they get any complaints about slow connections then it ends up its you causing it because of the solid downloading and others were suffering,in a nutshell if theres 10 in your network and 3 are at it 24/7 the other 7 MIGHT suffer then complain of speed loss THATS when they would stand in and tell you to curb it.
    Me I tend to download through the night this lets the rest (if any &#33;&#33;&#33play their games etc and not suffer and so far 7 months on still at it,in a week I will normanly down around 10 gig depends if the movies are what I want this doesn&#39;t include uploads which can total 6 gig or more (Bt mainly).
    Well thats me got to go to bed up at 6 everyday see you.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster
    i&#39;ve noticed something about the advert. the whole thing has a green musky plaster-board feel. i think this a subliminal way of saying "if you drink pepsi you&#39;ll be a leet hacker like on the matrix"

think i&#39;m onto something?
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J&#39;Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

9. Lounge   -   #29
    muchspl2

10. Lounge   -   #30
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    1st off, i doubth those kids actually were sued. 2nd, that commercial sucks balls and didn&#39;t make a difference to anyone. wtf&#33;&#33;&#33; no one cares&#33;

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast