Thread: Can't Connect

I have been using Kazza Lite for awhile now. Downloaded a bunch of files last night ( didn't open any) and now Kazza is dead. Used Clean KMD and reinstalled nothing. Installed Kazza Resurection nothing same with Morpheus. I searched all the post and tried a lot of tricks and still nothing. I have DSL , no network, use a Actiontec DSL router. It's called a router as I plug into my network connection but I have not setup a network at home. Tried Supernode and all I get is red question marks. Any help would be appeciated.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    uninstall everything, go to your program files delete any kazza folder your see, delete your db folder, run adaware, then install klr with new registry, empty your shared folder to a temp file and start klr.

note: if you have a router you need to forward your port for klite in the router and get kanat

3. File Sharing   -   #3

Tried that ie :

Deleted all Kazaa files and folder and my sharing folder. Ran a Spybot and Adaware. Used System Mechanic to scan registry and so on. Got rid of all Kazza and all file sharing programs. Reinstalled and still no connect. Just a hint, I then coudn't get email anymore thru Outlook or Outlook Express. Spent 3 hrs on the line with the techs from Qwest and we even went to other mail servers nothing. I can go to run and telnet to Qwest. They had techs up to Level 3 and gave up. Sending me a new Actiontec 1520 DSL gateway. I don't think that will fix it. Some other hints : I am able to Internet fine and am online now with the same set up:

XP, Actiontec 1520 Any other ideas? Thanks for trying. Bob

PS: I got Kanat but don't know what to do with it, played around a while and gave up. I also don't know what you mean by forward my port for Klite.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    SpaceMonkey1
    I have not been able to connect for several days. I have tried all suggestions I found in the K-Lite forums but nothing has worked. I was using K-Lite 2.1, but I have upgraded to 2.44. Is anybody else experiencing this problem? Could something have disable FastTrack clients?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    @ bfallona go to options>klite options>firewall>here on the bottom you see the port klite is using that port needs to be forwarded in your router.

to forward the port in your router, call your tech support for the router and give them the port # and say you want to forward it.

after forward you need to get kanat, for kanat support go here and look around

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I have Resurection, but I went to the Firewall option and it had a #32656 and went to advanced setup on my Actiontec 1520 and put in the port number and it said invalid port. I have Kanat and it is blank. Even after reading up on Kanat I can't get anything. Sorry to be so dense, but I have spent a lot of time searching this and other Kazaa sites with no solution. Actiontec support was zero help. They said it was all my ISP's fault.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by bfallona@1 February 2004 - 16:52
    I have Resurection, but I went to the Firewall option and it had a #32656 and went to advanced setup on my Actiontec 1520 and put in the port number and it said invalid port. I have Kanat and it is blank. Even after reading up on Kanat I can't get anything. Sorry to be so dense, but I have spent a lot of time searching this and other Kazaa sites with no solution. Actiontec support was zero help. They said it was all my ISP's fault.
    well change that port # to 5555 or anything over 3500 then try to forward it in your router